- $100,000 to $130,000 Yearly
Employee-owned Kitchell seeks an experienced and dedicated Project Manager to join our California – Bay Area region in the city of Hayward and build a long-term career at one of the most innovative and growth-oriented building companies in the United States.
Responsibilities are to provide PM/CM services for Capital and Renovation Projects in the Civic Market Sector including a park and community center. This position has client facing responsibility.
- Act as a Construction Project Manager with direct client facing responsibilities
- Strong knowledge of contracts, drawings, estimates, and specifications to ensure relation and compliance to project requirements
- Conduct project meetings and provide documentation, administration, and tracking of relevant information
- Maintains and ensures client satisfaction and effectively resolves complaints when necessary in order to secure repeat business
- Implements and maintains effective systems of communication within and outside the program to ensure constructive relationships and the adequate flow of information
- Ensure contractor, architect, engineer, will adhere to contractual requirements on areas of safety, performance, project staff, and equipment
- Provide management of project logistics, organization, safety, and manpower utilization
- Monitors project planning and design status to report findings, recommendations, and updates
- May coordinate, direct, and monitor activities of construction management staff, contractors, engineers, architects, and related performing entities
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related discipline is preferred
- 5 - 8 years of experience in the Design/Engineering/Construction (DEC) industry of which 3+ years as a Project/Construction Manager is required
- Prior experience managing vertical construction in the Civic or Municipal Market Sectors is ideal
Knowledge and Skills
- Proficient user skills with the MS Suite of tools and Bluebeam are required
- Working knowledge of standard industry tools such as P6 and Procore is strongly preferred
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to foster and maintain interpersonal relationships is required
- Provide leadership and financial management support to the project team is required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly work in an office and/or construction environment. Conditions regularly include exposure to outdoor elements, hot/cold temperatures, wet conditions, noise, atmospheric conditions, and cramped quarters. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly sit, stand, walk, talk, or hear and use hands to finger, feel and handle; frequently reach with hands and arms; occasionally climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must frequently lift and or move 10 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
This position is project site based in Hayward, CA.
Kitchell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
The annual base salary range for this role is currently $100,000 - $130,000. The Company’s salary ranges are determined by role, level, location and alignment with market data. Individual pay is determined through interviews and an assessment of various factors, including job-related skills, relevant education and experience, abilities of the applicant and equity with other team members. The annual base salary range listed here is subject to change at any time, in the Company’s discretion, and does not alter in any way the at-will nature of the employment relationship.
Kitchell is an employee-owned company founded in 1950. We provide general contracting, construction management, development, facilities management, engineering and architecture and myriad other services within the built environment. Our employee-owners manage projects from main offices in Arizona, California, and Texas. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that fosters personal and professional growth with in-house education programs, formal and informal mentoring, and cross-training opportunities. We prefer to grow from within, building careers and financial stability through long-term ownership. We are consistently ranked among the top places to work, attributable to our tenured staff and outstanding benefits including profit sharing, discretionary stock options, incentive bonuses, health and life insurance, health savings accounts (HSA) with wellness incentives, 401(k), college savings plans, business travel assistance and insurance, discounted auto and homeowner’s insurance, identity theft protection, rewards programs and much more.
Kitchell CorporationHayward, CA
ConstructionView All Kitchell Corporation Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.