Medical Business Development
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
The Business Development Manager is responsible for achieving the strategic BU goals and actively drives the growth in the Medical Device and related Industry for a defined range of the company’s product portfolio. He/she will visit customer sites, identify projects and instrumentation requirements, provide advice on appropriate applications and coordinate with the local OSR to sell those company products.
- Works with outside consultants, meets with potential clients to develop, grow, maintain, and leverage company and client networks
- Identifies potential clients and the decision makers within the organization, coordinates strategy with the Sales Manager and penetrates the Medical OEMs, contract developers and manufacturers
- Develop and help implement sales strategies in conjunction with the Sales Manager for appropriate products in the Medical Device and related markets in North America, following BU directives
- Identifies new application opportunities and unique market requirements, consults with the Sales Manager and Application Experts on special solutions
- Identifies present and future instrumentation requirements, consult with Sales Manager on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and sales channels
- Perform competitive analysis and assist with sales and marketing strategies and develops the company’s unique selling position for the Medical Device and related industry.
- Play a major role in driving the general sales force through initial on-site sales support, enable client relationship building and implementing strategies for key accounts.
- Good teamwork and cooperation with Regional Outside Sales Engineers and BU staff.
- Assists marketing with targeted communications and planning for trade shows, advertising, and press releases.
- Participate at industry specific trade shows and monitor the follow-up on trade show and advertising inquires.
- Leads and coordinates (local) medical initiatives including sales, application & service, marketing, and BU
- Active support and contribution for defining and executing BU specific strategy
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or an engineering discipline from an accredited four (4) year college plus experience in technical sales and marketing in the medical device and related industries
- Proven ability to succeed in business development, technical sales, sales executive or relevant role in the Medical Device or related industry
- An understanding of the appropriate regulations and requirements associated with Medical Device Manufacturing where company products are used
- Market knowledge and analysis capability
- Knowledge of Process Automation and Process Monitoring application is a plus
- Knowledge of sensors, electronics, software, and communication protocols is a plus
- Excellent written, verbal communication and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office products.
- Authorized to work in the US.
- Travel requirements: available to travel 75% of time
- Airline travel is required as well as occasional trips abroad for meetings and training
- A current and valid driver’s license and passport is required.
Kistler is the global leader in dynamic measurement technology for measuring pressure, force, torque, and acceleration. Cutting-edge technologies provide the basis for Kistler's modular solutions. Customers in industry and science benefit from Kistler's experience as a development partner, enabling them to optimize their products and processes so as to secure a sustainable competitive edge. The owner-managed Swiss company's unique sensor technology plays a key role in the evolution of automobile development and industrial automation, as well as in numerous emerging sectors. With a broad knowledge of applications and an absolute commitment to quality, Kistler is making an important contribution to the further development of current megatrends. This includes topics such as electrified drive technology, automated and connected driving, emission reduction and Industry 4.0.
At Kistler your experience and expertise are valued and promoted. As a global company with numerous locations worldwide, we offer exciting career opportunities in an international environment. Kistler is pleased to offer a generous benefit package with medical, dental, vision, life, and disability coverage along with a 401k plan with a 4% company match, and generous personal and vacation time allowances. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Kistler Instrument Corp.Boston, MA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.