Position Hours: Monday through Friday 3:00pm to 6:00pm and Saturdays 9:00am to 1:00pm.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position will be able to perform paying and receiving functions in the area of the Operations Department; including but not limited to, providing timely and efficient completion of customer transactions while maintaining accurate records, as well as thorough handling of a cash drawer/recycler.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Secure cash drawer at all times and balance cash drawer daily
- Paying and receiving functions conforming to the policies and procedures established by Kirkpatrick Bank
- Encode and scan all paying and receiving transactions
- Make copies of large deposits and official checks when necessary
- Log and work night deposit envelopes (dual control) where night drops are located
- Receive/receipt loan payments
- Accept and process check orders/re-orders and safe deposit box rental payments
- Issue official checks including Money Orders, Cashier’s Checks, Travel Money Cards and Gift Cards
- Process loose coin transactions/exchanges as necessary
- Process Visa/Mastercard/Discover cash advances (if located at branch)
- Obtain appropriate information and documentation for large currency transactions ($10,000.01 and more)
- Redeem U.S. Savings Bonds
- Complete Monetary Control Log as required by Kirkpatrick Bank procedures
- Assist customers with Safe Deposit Box entry (if located at branch)
- Learn and practice basic deposit account opening with a mentor
- Learn balancing of the Cash Recycler
- Learn balancing of the coin machine (if located at branch)
- Verify and settle cash advance machine (if located at branch)
- Possess a working knowledge of the bank’s products and services to enable cross sell to customers
- Maintain a good working relationship with all customers, employees and officers of the bank
The above represents general responsibilities for the position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary (i.e. opening/closing duties, commercial teller duties, etc).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
EDUCATION REQUIRED: High School Diploma or equivalent education or experience.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Prior Banking Experience preferred
- Demonstrates superior customer service skills
- Make good judgement calls on customer issues
- Desire to become a career employee
- Keyboarding Skills
- 10-Key Skills
- Microsoft Office knowledge helpful, including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Good interpersonal skills and customer service skills a must
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS: Sitting or standing for long periods of time, walking, finger dexterity, feeling, ; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, climb or balance, and have full use of fingers or hands; repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity. Professional office environment. Occasional lifting of storage boxes up to 50 pounds.