The Store Manager oversees all aspects of retail operations and merchandising for their own personal assigned store. The Store Manager is responsible and accountable for driving business results through the effective coaching of the store team. Areas of focus include sales and profit growth, expense control, promotional and merchandising execution, Store Management and team development, and exceptional customer experience.
- Accountable for driving profitable sales, protecting company assets and support of the Company Handbook in their own store.
- Understands store performance targets and monitors achievement of benchmarks and goals.
- Uses objective business analysis to evaluate business choices.
- Observes trends and patterns to determine root causes of problems and identify solutions.
- Responsible for networking and recruiting within the market to ensure the store has appropriate staffing levels to support the business and accountable for making sound hiring decisions within the store.
- Builds high performing teams that can accomplish company goals, initiatives, and priorities, and builds and sustains productive relationships across the area or district and the industry.
- Creates an atmosphere where all team members are held accountable for both individual and team performance.
- Models the way, protects company branding at all times and ensures all team members are treated in a respectful and professional manner.
- Ensures understanding of strategies, change initiatives, business opportunities and communicates them in compelling ways to their store team.
- Communicates clearly and convincingly in ways that build commitment and demonstrate support for company initiatives.
- Identifies store opportunities that are consistent with company strategies and takes action to address these opportunities.
- Ensures that desired changes in initiatives and direction are implemented appropriately and timely in order to drive results.
- Ability to lift and move 45 pounds or more on a regular basis.
- Ability to climb ladders
- Ability to stoop, bend, climb and lift to stock and retrieve merchandise from stockroom and sales floor on a regular basis.
- Ability to travel occasionally for training and meetings.
- College preferred.
- 1-3 years management experience in a retail environment preferred.
- Energetic, results oriented and competitive with a drive to succeed.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and verbally.
- Ability to work a minimum of 45 hours per week, based upon the business needs of the district or area.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and evenings.
- A valid driver's license.
- Ability to handle and transport company funds daily to the bank location designated by Kirkland's. Transportation of company funds will be conducted in a manner that does not place the funds in a vehicle with any non-Kirkland's person(s) or other employees not designated to transport company funds.
Job ID: 2019-10699
External Company Name: Kirkland's, Inc.
External Company URL: www.kirklands.com
Street: 2200 Hamilton Place Blvd., Suite 5