The Senior Assistant Manager supports and executes all aspects of our retail operations and merchandising for their own personal assigned store in partnership with the Store Manager. The Senior Assistant is responsible for driving business results through the effective coaching of the store team. Areas of focus include sales and profit growth, expense control, promotional and merchandising execution, Store Management and team development, and exceptional customer experience. This role is intended to support succession planning efforts and company growth and the expectation is that all Senior Assistant Managers will be willing, ready and able to assume the role of a Store Manager within a 12 month timeframe should one become available.
- Responsible for driving profitable sales, protecting company assets and support of the Company Handbook in their own store in support of the Store Manager.
- Understands store performance targets and monitors achievement of benchmarks and goals.
- Uses objective business analysis to evaluate business choices in partnership with the Store Manager.
- Observes trends and patterns to determine root causes of problems and identify solutions.
- Responsible for networking and recruiting within the market to ensure the store has appropriate staffing levels to support the business and responsible for recommending sound hiring decisions to the Store Manager.
- Builds high performing teams that can accomplish company goals, initiatives, and priorities, and builds and sustains productive relationships across the area or district and the industry.
- Supports an atmosphere where all team members are held accountable for both individual and team performance.
- Models the way, protects company branding at all times and ensures all team members are treated in a respectful and professional manner.
- Ensures understanding of strategies, change initiatives, business opportunities and communicates them in compelling ways to their store team.
- Communicates clearly and convincingly in ways that build commitment and demonstrate support for company initiatives.
- Supports store opportunities that are consistent with company strategies and takes action to address these opportunities.
Executes changes in initiatives and direction appropriately and timely in order to drive results.
- Ability to lift and move 45 pounds or more on a regular basis.
- Ability to climb ladders
- Ability to stoop, bend, climb and lift to stock and retrieve merchandise from stockroom and sales floor on a regular basis.
Ability to travel occasionally for training and meetings
- College preferred or 1-3 years of experience in a retail environment preferred.
- Ability to relocate for a Store Manager position preferred.
- Energetic, results oriented and competitive with a drive to succeed.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and verbally.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week, based upon the business needs of the district or area.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and evenings.
- A valid driver’s license.