The Kansas City office of Kirkendall Dwyer LLP is seeking an energetic and reliable paralegal to join our busy litigation team. The ideal candidate must have excellent research and writing skills, as well as the ability to exercise sound judgment, think creatively and work independently.
- Obtain, review and analyze documents, including medical records and financial records, tax and employment records, or any other relevant information.
- Provide a medical record chronology.
- Prepare for trial by preparing trial notebooks, exhibits, and witness files.
- Compile evidence and supporting information by searching records, discovery documents, transcripts, libraries, and databases.
- Manage files and documents.
- Coordinate with support services and clients, opposing law firms, and courts
- Calendar and track all discovery and various other deadlines.
- Generate status reports, logs, and indexes.
- Correspond with clients and opposing law firms.
- Research and analysis of case issues, including medical research of facts, medical articles, and expert articles.
- Communication of issues with experts and investigation and analysis of expert qualifications and experience, including prior transcripts, testimony and articles.
Experience and Skill Sets Required:
- 5+ years’ experience as a personal injury paralegal/case manager. Both pre-litigation and litigation experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and/or Paralegal Certificate from an ABA-approved program a plus.
- Above average proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat.
- Strong analytical skills, as well as advanced oral and written communication skills are necessary.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with an ability to work in a high-volume office and team environment are essential.
Kirkendall Dwyer LLP is a law firm serving clients throughout Kansas and Missouri and across the country, with offices in Dallas, Georgia, Houston, Louisiana, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Arkansas.