TITLE: Sales Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales
HOURS: Full Time
Oversees, manages, sells, provides training, and promotes the KIPP brand of products and services. Manages and interacts with Company sales representatives, direct customers, and distributors to ensure the achievement of sales and profitability goals. Establishes short and long term sales strategies while evaluating the effectiveness of current sales programs. Maintains sales call reports and provides market overview analysis for management as needed. Monitors expenditures to ensure compliance within approved budgetary guidelines. Develops annual sales plans in conjunction with Company business plan objectives. Demonstrates teamwork within all aspects of the Company. Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
Essential Job Functions
• Achieves sales growth by providing product training, application expertise, pricing, availability, delivery methods, and any other pertinent information to assure complete customer satisfaction.
• Manages, trains and works closely with the Company sales representatives.
• Assesses the strengths and weaknesses of the sales team and manages the sales program accordingly.
• Develops quotes for non-stock item requests and special make item applications.
• Prospects and qualifies new direct customers as well as new distributor opportunities.
• Optimizes relationships and sales with existing direct accounts and distributor partners.
• Communicates with customers on product training and new product introductions.
• Works with internal team members to assure the proper processing of customer orders, quotes, returns, and special requests as they arise.
• Assists in business planning as well as other strategic planning initiatives.
• Develops annual sales goals that are in alignment and consistent with Company goals.
• Acquires and maintains product knowledge along with application solutions.
• Assists in the expediting of customer orders as needed.
• Reports on market trends, service issues, and new product suggestions.
• Resolves customer service concerns.
• Schedules and actively participates in sales meetings.
• Attends and actively participates in assigned trade show events.
• Organizes, plans, and makes time for frequent travel.
• Prepares sales call reports as needed.
• Prepares expense reports.
• Performs various other tasks as assigned by management.
Secondary Job Functions
• Entertain customers.
• Assist team members with order processing activities when needed.
• Attend approved seminars or other educational events to sharpen sales skills.
• Gather pertinent market information for strategic planning and sales optimization.
• Train new staff members as needed.
• Perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• The ability and availability for frequent travel is a must.
• Broad knowledge of sales theory and related procurement processes are desirable.
• Must be outgoing, have great listening skills, and be comfortable communicating one on one or in front of small groups.
• Must have the ability to lead and direct the work of others.
• Exceptional organizational, follow up and teamwork skills are a must.
• Must be physically able to work trade shows including the setup and tear down of the trade show display.
• Associate degree or equivalent work experience training is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Proven outside sales experience is required as well as familiarity with a variety of sales-related concepts, practices, and procedures.
Why Work Here?
Kipp Inc. is a fast growing subsidiary of a very well established family owned manufacturer in Germany.
Michigan City, IN