Kip Morrison and Associates is looking for a full-time publicist for major lifestyle brands. Must be comfortable representing cannabis brands. Candidate must be organized with a strong work ethic, good writing skills, and experience with PR platforms Cision or Meltwater. Please be well versed in pop culture and eager to bring your experience and expertise to a PR and social media agency. You will be handling clients in the cannabis industry.
A minimum of 2-3 years of previous client-facing experience as a publicist in an agency is required, or the equivalent experience is acceptable if you have worked 3 internships in PR agencies. Bachelor degree preferred. Salary is commensurate with skill level and experience. You must have contacts/relationships with press and influencers. This is a full-time position.
Kip Morrison and Associates (KMA) is a veteran lifestyle public relations agency based in Beverly Hills. KMA is the first mainstream PR agency to work with cannabis clients, having launched some of the cannabis industry's top tier brands. We pride ourselves on getting measurable results for our clients. We are a small but mighty boutique agency with a collaborative work environment. We are an agency that values forward thinkers, ready to take on any challenges that come our way.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Manage 4-5 accounts. You will be the point person for each client and interfacing with them on a daily basis.
- Develop and execute PR campaign strategies
- Regularly pitch and follow up targeted local, regional, national and international journalists
- Develop and maintain media distribution lists
- Write press releases, media kits, alerts and pitches
- Ability to regularly secure media placements
- Occasionally attend events
We want “ink!” And we get it for our clients in spades. Can you?
All qualified applicants should apply and attach their resumes. Thank you!