- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title: Practice Manager
Location: Clinical Site (Varies)
Reports To: Director of Medical Practice Operations
Direct Reports: Clinical Staff
Summary of Position
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Medical Practice Operations, the Practice Manager is responsible for the day-to-day effective and efficient operation of the assigned practice’s operations. This position collaborates with the Medical Director and the appropriate personnel to assure that the designated practice operates in a manner consistent with Kintegra Health mission and strategic plan. The Practice Manager ensures that staffing needs are met, supplies are available and accessible to the care team and that quality patient care and customer satisfaction remain central to the activities of all employees at the practice site. Core job duties are operational, financial, clinical and supervisory.
Minimum Qualifications: Must be able to sit, stand and walk for long periods. Able to read and understand the English language. Able to effectively maintain confidentiality of records and communicate with all levels of personnel. Knowledge and understanding of Age-Specific Care. Familiarity with Quality Improvement activities. Experience in outpatient care. Current Basic Life Support certification.
Experience: Three years of supervisory experience. Three years of ambulatory care experience. .
Additional skills preferred: Proficient in use of all computer software utilized in practice
Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field, two to three years’ related experience, including clinical management and/or training; or equivalent combination of education, LPN license and experience.
Additional skills required: Knowledge of medical office software for the following: updating patient demographic information, posting charges and copays. Requires excellent verbal communication skills. Must be able to work with changing priorities. Requires excellent organizational, problem solving and critical thinking skills. Must be able to interact with individuals of all cultures and levels of authority. Requires the ability to maintain confidentiality. Must be able to function as part of a team. Must possess initiative. Basic medical terminology required, knowledge can be obtained through formal classes or work experience.
- Ensure day-to-day business is handled according to office and medical guidelines.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships and communication with health center departments/staff such as but not limited to Medical/Dental Director, Senior Management, Director of Nursing, Business Office, Information Support, Quality Improvement, Risk Management, Pharmacy, Behavioral Health, Diabetes Case Management, HIV Case Management, Specialty Care.
- Hire, train, supervise, evaluate and discipline staff.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships and communication with external organizations, community partners, vendors, etc.
- Manage staff schedules and coverage.
- Monitor provider schedules and daily patient flow.
- Receive and resolve patient complaints.
- Ensure supplies and purchases are adequate to support the provision of quality care in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Represent the organization and practice site in the community in a positive manner.
- Maintain updated records such as but not limited to OSHA, PHS, CDC, PCMH, BCCCP.
- Participate/support quality improvement and patient-centered medical home activities.
- Monitor and submit payroll timely.
- Triage patients.
- Other duties as assigned.
Kintegra Health Core Requirements
1. Patient First – An approach to care that holds primary, the well-being and desires of the patient
2. Build not Blame – Focusing first on finding fault with the process rather than the person
3. Integrity and Honesty – Fostering an acceptance of openness, honesty, and fairness in words, deeds and the use of organizational resources judiciously for both internal and external customers
4. Cooperation and Flexibility – Related to an internal believe that we function as part of an interdependent team with only shared gains or losses thereby committed to assisting whenever possible beyond the prerequisite job description
5. Culturally Sensitive – Always working toward increasing one’s ability to understand, communicate with, effectively interact and care for people across cultures, while having an acute awareness of one’s own culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
HealthcareView all jobs at Kintegra Health
Get fresh Practice Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.