Kinsley Power Systems, one of the largest distributors of Kohler Generators in the northeast, is seeking an Outside Sales Representative. Candidates will be responsible for prospecting and closing business for rental temporary generators and associated accessories (distribution, cables, transport, fueling) and related assets (light towers/message boards).
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Achieves monthly, quarterly and yearly sales goals for assigned territory.
- Compiles and maintains an accurate list of prospective and current customer's contacts and activities utilizing current systems (excel, CRM, GP).
- Compiles lists of prospective customers from various internal and external sources for use as sales leads. Works with Marketing resources to determine qualification criteria/timing and market segment focus for lead qualification and outbound marketing projects.
- Establishes a customer base within assigned territory and maintains consistent communication via phone or by traveling throughout territory to solicit orders and close rentals.
- Work with the industrial product, service & AMS teams to secure referrals and cross selling.
- Quote prices, contract terms, estimated delivery timing, and credit terms.
- Prepare rental agreements for orders obtained. Work with inside sales support on quotes/agreements.
- Work with Director to assist with sales forecast and equipment re-rent/lost sales analysis to suggest fleet purchases by sub-market within Kinsley's service area.
- Maintains equipment status records for logistics (p/u, delivery, service/maintenance dispatch and billing).
- Establish and maintain list of re-rent suppliers (contacts & pricing) to serve immediate turnarounds and emergency response situations.
- Work with customers to capture power systems needs proactively, establish and maintain EPP (Emergency Power Plan) profiles with the site contacts to ensure flawless execution of delivery and setup.
- Maintains market pricing by geography, application/size, customer type and rental duration to remain profitable and competitive with industry average time utilization.
- Promotes the use of emergency preparedness intake documents on prospects and existing customers to enable rapid deployment of equipment when called upon.
- Work with AP/AR to ensure timely & proper cash flows in/out of the company
- Communicate information concerning collections, estimated revenues of contracts, new contracts, pending contracts, and overall activity with accounts.
- Prepares various reports and presentations as required for sales, client meetings, expenses, etc.
- Participate in conferences, tradeshows and industry associations.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred; plus 3-5 years related experience; equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered on a case by case basis.
- PC literacy in a Microsoft environment, customer relations systems (CRM) experience preferred
- Ability to travel 2-3 days per week including some overnight stays where needed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to cultivate strong working relationships with customers and internally across business areas
- Extensive knowledge of generator systems, automatic transfer switches, and accessories for prime power and standby applications is preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Location: CT - East Granby
Job Code: 807
# of Openings: 1