Site Project Manager
WHO WE ARE
Kinsley Construction is a full-service construction company that is committed to doing right by our people, right by our roots and right by you. Operating throughout the Mid-Atlantic Region, we serve clients in a variety of industries. From Building, Civil and Industrial construction, we do what it takes to get the job done and done right. If you want to leave your mark, take pride in what you do each day and create something that you can show off to your family - then join ours.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
We are seeking a driven and experienced Project Manager for our growing team in Dagsboro, DE. Project Managers should have a good understanding of site excavation, utility installation, concrete curb placement, stone base and bituminous asphalt placement. Must be customer oriented, able to create and maintain CPM schedules, understand cost impacts and be able to evaluate changes.
A successful candidate should possess strong computer skills, good communication skills and a willingness to learn. An Engineering or Construction Management degree is preferred. We offer a competitive hourly wage and benefits package including Medical/Dental/Vision, Short/Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K Plan with Company Match and paid PTO/Holidays.
Qualified applicants may apply on our website at careers.kinsleyconstruction.com or mail, fax or email resume including salary requirement to:
KINSLEY CONSTRUCTION, INC.
PO BOX 2886
YORK PA 17405
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
FEMALES, MINORITIES, VETERANS AND INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
TYPICAL RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Negotiate and purchase materials, services and subcontracts for assigned projects
- Coordinate with the Superintendent to ensure that projects are properly manned to meet schedules and budgets
- Approve and forward submittals for all shop drawings and material samples according to schedules
- Conduct project start-up and ongoing project conference meetings and prepare written minutes according to Kinsley's accepted format and distribute
- Work with civil engineers, vendors, estimators and on-site supervisors to facilitate timely and profitable completion of quality projects. Revise budget reports to reflect actual prices when contracts or commitments are received
- With the assistance of the Estimator and Superintendent, establish a construction schedule (i.e., CPM and bar chart)
- Provide information from the project estimate to the Field Supervisor, as required, to properly manage a profitable project
- Monitor project costs prepared and report any alarming inconsistencies to management
- Visit the project sites regularly, or as required, to review problems, progress of schedule, compliance with plans and specifications, and the quality of work being performed
- Prepare all change order requests for the client's approval. Coordinate the estimating of all change orders with the Estimator or subcontractor. Document all field directives from the owner or architect that change the scope or original design of the contract documents
- Process and coordinate changes in the project including design changes, lost days, scope revisions, alternate construction methods, etc., keeping all appropriate parties informed
- Meet with subcontractors to review their job progress and implement plans to meet the schedules
- Manage Quality Control including preparatory meetings, initial inspections, testing, commissioning, and final inspections
- Originate and/or review, submit, log and distribute RFI's and the RFI responses
- Manage conflict and problem resolution
- Prior Project Management experience strongly preferred
- Prior field construction experience preferred
- 2-4 Year post-secondary degree preferred in Engineering, Construction Management or related
- Excellent analytical, organizational and project management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with all personnel within the organization and facilitate communication effectively
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to be a team player, flexible, and able to work in fast paced and changing environment
Kinsley ConstructionDagsboro, DE
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.