Construction Legal Assistant
- Expired: September 19, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
WHO WE ARE
We offer services in preconstruction, construction management, and general contracting including self-performance and acting as a subcontractor. We take individual ownership of projects and produce results. Employees are empowered and held accountable. We have a sense of urgency. We do what it takes to get the job done on time, to the highest standards. As a company we are flexible and adaptable, and so are our people. If you are driven, solution-focused, results-oriented, and a true team player, we want to talk to you.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
We are seeking a driven and disciplined Legal Assistant to join our in-house legal department. This is an opportunity for a detailed-orientated legal administrative assistant with construction-related interest or experience, to grow and develop legal and contract administration skills. Based out of Kinsley's Main Office, located in York, PA, the candidate will be responsible for providing support to the in-house attorneys with various legal activities involving contract, business and employment issues.
A successful candidate should possess excellent computer and reasoning skills, effective communication skills and a willingness to learn. Ideally, the candidate would possess knowledge, experience and interest in the construction industry or related industry such as architecture, engineering or business. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including Medical/Dental/Vision, Short/Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K Plan with company match and paid PTO/holidays.
Qualified applicants may apply on our website at https://careers.kinsleyconstruction.com/ or mail, fax or email resume including salary requirement to:
KINSLEY CONSTRUCTION, INC.
PO BOX 2886
YORK PA 17405
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
FEMALES, MINORITIES, VETERANS AND INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
TYPICAL RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Provide support to the in-house legal department including but not limited to, editing documents, such as contracts and correspondence, etc.
- Assist in the preparation, development and revising of contracts
- Update/maintain corporate contract templates
- Review project procurement documents and assist with legal review
- Assist in the development of training and/or presentations, topics include contract law, employment law, and other construction related legal issues as required
- Assist attorneys and act as a liaison in contract negotiations with owners and subcontractors
- Prepare and maintain corporate records and documents
- Monitor and assist with business licensing and registration
- Provide support and assist with debt collection and enforcement activities, such as demands, claims, notices and litigation
- Assist with preparation and filing of legal documents including pleadings, discovery, agreements, and releases for in-house attorneys and outside counsel
- Perform some administrative and clerical duties
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Specific experience and/or demonstrated interest in civil/construction law is preferred
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, meet deadlines and manage a large volume of duties
- Familiarity with use of contract management software a plus, but not required
- Willingness to do extensive reading and writing
- Excellent communication skills
- Practical and proactive problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel and PDF editing programs
- Must be able to spend significant amounts of time in seated position working in front of a computer
LegalView all jobs at Kinsley Construction
Get fresh Assistant Project Construction Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.