Commercial Construction Superintendent
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
WHO WE ARE
Kinsley Construction is a full-service construction company that is committed to doing right by our people, right by our roots and right by you. Operating throughout the Mid-Atlantic Region, we serve clients in a variety of industries. From Building, Civil and Industrial construction, we do what it takes to get the job done and done right. If you want to leave your mark, take pride in what you do each day and create something that you can show off to your family - then join ours.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
We are seeking a driven and experienced Commercial Construction Superintendent for our growing team. Based in Kinsley’s Herndon, VA office, the Superintendent is responsible for directing and coordinating all activity associated with the construction of the project (and site if part of overall scope for the project) in accordance with established schedules, budgets, plans, specifications and procedures.
A successful candidate should possess field leadership experience, strong computer skills, good communication skills, and must be willing to travel for up to 2 hours or as required. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including Medical/Dental/Vision, Short/Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K Plan with company match and paid PTO/holidays
Qualified applicants may apply on our website at https://careers.kinsleyconstruction.com/ or mail, fax or email resume including salary requirement to:
KINSLEY CONSTRUCTION, INC.
PO BOX 2886
YORK PA 17405
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
FEMALES, MINORITIES, VETERANS AND INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
TYPICAL RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Review and understand the project plans and specifications
- Review approved submittals and shop drawings for implementation in the field
- Review the subcontracts and purchase orders for the project and have a clear understanding of the scope of work for each subcontractor or supplier
- Monitor Daily Sign-in Sheets for all persons on the jobsite; coordinate the schedule and activities of all crews and subcontractors working on the project
- Conduct, lead, and participate in regular meetings with Foreman, Project Manager, Project Engineers, owners, among others
- Coordinate layout for the buildings with in-house personnel, outside surveyors
- Participate in developing the CPM Master Schedule by working in conjunction with the PM in establishing durations and sequencing of work with emphasis on internal and contractual milestones and end dates
- Create and maintain a three week look ahead schedule in accordance with the CPM Master Schedule; prepare Daily Job Reports
- Develop with the Project Manager an on-site staging and rigging plan
- Receive material deliveries and maintain material staging plan and on-site inventory
- Analyze and coordinate equipment and manpower requirements
- Perform quality inspections and ensure accuracy with building documents; create a deficiency list of non-conforming work and distribute to applicable parties for immediate corrections
- Develop contact list and schedule all required inspections for the building elements; confirm the work is complete prior to scheduling the inspections
- Ensure compliance with all safety directives issued by safety department, project engineer, general superintendent, project manager or other outside party
- Ensure accurate reporting of time and quantities for phase of work under you control
- Properly code and promptly forward all delivery tickets and paperwork to the office
- Oversee and coordinate final project close-out including “Completion of Work Deficiency Log” and completion of punch-list
- Participate with the PM / PE in subcontractor evaluations at the close of a project
- Responsible for daily monitoring all T&M Field Order Directives of (man-hours, materials, equipment and detailed description of work)
- 5-10 years construction field experience, including demonstrated Superintendent experience required
- Must be willing to travel for up to 2 hours or as required
Kinsley ConstructionHerndon, VA
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.