- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Michelin-star rated restaurants Kinship and Metier are looking for an experienced professional to manage our dining rooms, our staff and overall operations.
The restaurants have been opened since 2015 and 2016 respectively. Kinship has been consistently awarded a One Michelin star rating since 2017 and holds a three star rating from the Washington Post. Metier has been awarded a Michelin star as well and a four star rating from the Washington Post.
The General Manager is expected to be able to maintain and grow the restaurants by adhering to our image, enforce service and hospitality standards, and lead and train our team with the goal of delivering a memorable experience for our guests. A strong beverage (wine and spirits) experience is a plus.
Applicants must be self-motivated, hard-working, detail-oriented, and highly organized. Qualified candidates should have: minimum 3 years of management level experience as a restaurant General Manager in a restaurant(s) of similar caliber; strong leadership skills; extensive knowledge of restaurant service; excellent verbal and written communication skills; solid understanding of HR processes; the ability to educate, train and coach team members, the flexibility to work varying schedules, the ability to lift 25+ pounds, and proficiency in MS Office, reservations and POS systems.
- Ensures, and is accountable for controlling cost of goods
- Ensures proper team member coverage per the needs of business while maintaining target labor costs
- Oversees all cash management functions; Maintains proper loss prevention standards, including reviewing cash handling procedures, deposits and safe procedures
- Reviews daily time punches for accuracy; address time clock abuse (clocking in early or late) via coaching and/or documentation
- Oversees payroll processing weekly; provides final review and approval to all payroll registers
- Oversees ordering for dining room supplies and/or inventory for other supply categories
- Schedule will include both day administrative work and evening floor shift
- Manages hourly employees in their daily responsibilities, providing clear, effective direction
- Prepares staff schedules
- Able to perform all POS functions, including opening and closing procedures, comps, voids and transfers, back office administration (employee creation, menu management, etc.)
- Hires, trains, supervises, manages, coaches, counsels, and evaluates hourly employees
- Acts as role model for outstanding service; continuously works to elevate service standards, and personally embodies hospitality in daily actions
- Consistently monitors, coaches and encourages management team and hourly service employees to meet Company’s service standards
- Demonstrates positive leadership characteristics which inspire team members to meet and exceed standards
- Polished personal presentation
- Communicates information effectively and efficiently
- Able to work nights, weekends and holidays, and variable schedule, per the needs of the business
- Ability to walk, stand, and/or bend continuously and for extended periods as required to perform essential job functions
- Ability to perform essential job functions under pressure, maintains professionalism when working under stress
- Ability to utilize traditional software programs such as Toast, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), Tock Reservation System and any additional systems as needed; Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system
- Ensures that all staff are compliant with Company’s policies and procedures, as well as city, state and federal lawsEnsures that all staff
- Attends and/or organize mandatory meetings including staff meetings, leadership meetings, etc.
- Unpacks, stocks, & organizes all items in and around the restaurant to maintain highest level of cleanliness possible throughout restaurant pre-opening & after
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned by the Owner
- Adheres to all HR policies and procedures
Kinship is an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive wages, medical/dental benefits, commuter benefits, paid vacation and room for growth. For more information about Kinship and Metier, please visit www.kinshipdc.com and www.metierdc.com.More detail about Kinship part of Restaurants by Chef Eric Ziebold, please visit https://culinaryagents.com/entities/30829-kinship
RetailView all jobs at Kinship
Get fresh Restaurant General Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.