Please apply at:
As a Lead Audio Visual Technician, you will perform hands-on installation, troubleshooting, and service of a wide range of video conferencing and integrated audio and video equipment into corporate boardrooms and meeting rooms. You will work with Cisco, Crestron, AMX, Extron, Lightware, Planar, Barco & Cyviz equipment either on your own or working as part of an installation and service team. Once a system is installed, you will commission the system and solve any technical issues, liaising with clients to ensure their satisfaction. You will also be called upon to provide break/fix support to clients as required. This role offers the opportunity to receive on-going training and development to keep you up to date with the latest technologies in the Audio Visual and Video Conferencing market.
· Extensive domestic travel to client locations. Some international travel as required.
· Make sure the product is available and coordinate with the helpdesk, logistics team, and client representative for replacement parts for service requests.
· Conducting AV audits appointment scheduling, coordinating facility scheduling with appointment schedule, and writing reports, with suggested action items.
· Responsible for quality assurance for cabling installation requirements (soldering, cable pulls, terminations, etc.), rack builds, and installations of integrated systems during service dispatches.
· Negotiating punch lists with clients and ensuring the tech team executes the solution efficiently.
· Track issues brought to resolution (what the problem was, how was it handled, how was it solved)
· Onsite programming changes of control systems and digital signal audio processors (DSP). Systems will range from Cisco, Crestron, Extron, Biamp, Clearone with assistance from programming teams.
· Performing in shop system firmware upgrades, commissioning, source code uploads testing, factory acceptance testing (FAT) before equipment is leaving the shop. Creating testing documentation for FAT.
· Participate in documenting and maintaining operations, network development, and maintenance processes and procedures.
· Existing program maintenance, system upgrades, and programming refresh to existing systems.
· Maintain program version control and adhere to configuration management.
· Creation and maintenance of archived programs on server or share point.
· Assist AV team with development and mentoring of lower level engineers and service techs
· Other duties that are assigned that may fall outside the scope of the job description
· Work with the client’s schedule and set expectations.
· Coordinate with Kinly team for tech resources for project deployments.
· Assisting clients over the telephone, video, or client site troubleshooting audiovisual and video conference equipment.
· Installing, managing, and deploying VC and integrated AV systems.
· Provide training and client support on videoconferencing and audiovisual system end-users.
· Review BOM/SOW/CAD drawings before project launch.
· Work with AV Engineer & Programmer to confirm project requirements are completed efficiently.
· Project coordination will be a requirement to include interfacing with Architects, General Contractor, Electrical Contractor, and clients throughout the entire phase of the projects assigned.
· All duties as assigned.
Professional Skills and Abilities:
· Experience in AMX and/or Crestron
· Experience in Cyviz and video walls is a plus
· Thorough and proven knowledge of installation techniques and the National Electric Code (NEC) requirements are essential.
· In-depth Cisco and Polycom VTC video conferencing experience
· Good communication skills.
· ICIA CTS certification is preferred
· ICIA CTS-I certification is a plus
· Cisco CCNA certification is a plus
Kinly is an EEO/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Disclaimer: This job description outlines the general nature and key features performed by various positions that share the same job classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of all employees assigned to the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or re-assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons.