Experienced Pharmacy Technician
Boynton Beach, FL area based pharmacy is seeking a motivated, professional individual to fill the role of pharmacy technician. The applicant would preferably have at least three years experience as a lead technician in a pharmacy. A mature, professional individual is required to assume a position in the pharmacy while working under the direction of the pharmacist-in-charge. More details are as follows:
The purpose of the pharmacy technician is to assist the pharmacist-in-charge and staff pharmacists with the day-to-day activities in the pharmacy. As expected the following list should not be considered to cover other normal and expected Pharmacy Technician duties.
General Technician Responsibilities
• Help patients who are dropping off or picking up prescription orders;
• Enter prescription orders into the computer;
• Create and update patient’s health and insurance information in the computer;
• Assist the pharmacist, under direct supervision, in the practice of pharmacy, in accordance with Florida Rule and Regulations and company regulations;
• Communicate with insurance carriers;
• At point of sale, verify that customer receives correct prescription(s);
• Assist the pharmacist with filling and labeling prescriptions;
• Prepare the pharmacy inventory;
• Screen telephone calls for the pharmacist;
• Communicate with prescribers and their agents to obtain refill authorization;
• Maintain an awareness of developments in the community and pharmaceutical fields that relate to job responsibilities and integrate them into practice;
• Assist other pharmacy technicians;
• Accurately maintaining all documentation.
• Housekeeping and Material Handling.
• Professional demeanor;
• Ability to respect confidentiality of patient data;
• Strong communication skills;
• Courteous attitude;
• Understanding of medical terminology and calculations;
• Knowledge of computer operations;
• Knowledge of medication brand and generic names;
• Knowledge of insurance and third-party payment systems;
• High school diploma or graduate equivalent degree;
• Ability to adhere to all safety standards
Over the next 2 weeks we will be accepting application and setting dates to meet for interviews. Please respond ASAP via email, include resume, and any letters of recommendation.
Respond to via email to: email@example.com
Boynton Beach, FL