Maintenance technicians perform work involving the skills of two or more maintenance or craft occupations to maintain the machines, mechanical equipment, and/or the structure(s) on the property. Duties may include repairing electrical or mechanical equipment, installing, aligning, and balancing new equipment and repairing the interior of buildings or furniture. Other necessary activities as directed.
DUTIES may include but are not limited to:
- Monitor radio calls between/with the dispatch office and assist/respond as needed.
- Complete all work orders or projects in a timely and efficient
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts and reassemble equipment.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, or the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
- Investigate complaints and resolves problems within any buildings on property
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters or perform other maintenance actions, following checklists.
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, saws, drills, and wrenches.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them.
- Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment to diagnose small appliance malfunctions.
- Maintain accurate work records and logs while keeping work area clean and organized.
- Maintain and clean any products or equipment used on a daily basis.
- Perform additional or different duties, from those set forth above, to address business needs and changing business practices as directed by the supervisor.
Education: High School Diploma or GED required.
- Two (2) years experience in facility maintenance
- Universal CFC/HVAC Certification preferred
- Hospitality experience preferred
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear and frequently required to climb stairs/ladders; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; smell. The employee must frequently lift, push, pull and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift, push, pull and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities usually required by this job include close, distance, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee can be required to stand 100% of the shift.
- Full time position (8.5 hour day with minimum 30 minute break)
- Various work schedule to include evening, weekend and holiday hours; Occasional overtime may be requested
Vacation: Vacation is unavailable during peak time; Memorial Day through Labor Day, Thanksgiving weekend (Thanksgiving Day-Sunday) and December 23rd-New Year’s Day Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and is occasionally loud. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevailing at the time. Regularly requires exposure to the natural elements, dust, insects, and conditions that could be hazardous or dangerous relative to job duties.