The King County Treasury Operations Section is looking for a Fiscal Specialist 2 to join our Revenue Collections team.
This position will be a great fit for someone who has strong interpersonal skills and is courteous and respectful toward others. The incumbent will work closely with a team of skilled staff members primarily tasked with billing, collecting, recording and reconciling King County property taxes.
Our ideal candidate will be a proactive worker who actively promotes a positive mindset and team environment; encourages ideas for improving work processes; is highly accountable, works well under pressure; and works quickly to produce a high quality product while providing excellent customer service!
We are looking for a candidate who can work exceptionally well on their own as a self-starter with a sharp eye toward detail, and is quick to troubleshoot issues. This person should also be quick to rally with team members to tackle stressful periods of high volume, while staying calm and composed. The successful candidate for this position will be a team player with a "can do" attitude!
FBOD's mission is to provide timely, efficient and accurate accounting, procurement, treasury, payroll, benefits and small business services. We are actively seeking employees whose behavior is in alignment with our division's core values of; Respect, Teamwork, Results and Innovation.
Scope of Job Duties: To be considered for these opportunities, you must at a minimum, demonstrate knowledge, skill and ability to
- Process and reconcile payments received by King County Treasury and accurately prepare and send electronic deposits to the bank while accurately entering account payment data to the property tax system used by treasury;
- Provide back up support for the cashier and other team members;
- Sort, load and lift, incoming and outgoing tax statements, mailings and notices;
- Open and prepare incoming property tax payments for processing and posting to tax accounts; communicate tax information by telephone, in writing and in person to a variety of taxpayers, Treasury staff, County departments and outside agencies involving tax payment inquiries;
- Verify accuracy of tax payments with amount owed; identify and correct errors in payment calculations; research discrepancies; prepare tax refunds and payment returns; train and direct temporary staff in processing tax payments;
- Use high volume mass mailing and large scale mail processing equipment
WE ARE LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES WHO:
- Have worked with financial transactions and/or cash handling, including analyzing, researching, and solving customer issues while maintaining positive customer relationships;
- Can learn and utilize lean and other process improvement tools that King County is proactively embracing and promoting;
- Are proficient with the use of Microsoft Office, including; SharePoint, Outlook, Word and Excel;
- Can work collaboratively with a diverse team and community;
- Are able to enter and review numerical data entry with speed, accuracy and high attention to detail while focusing on time sensitive deadlines;
- Take the initiative to complete necessary tasks or improvements and meet deadlines;
- Will complete other duties as assigned.
Are you ready to APPLY?
The recruitment for this position is open to all qualified candidates. A completed King County Application is required. We highly recommend that you also provide a cover letter and resume.
If you have any questions or concerns while applying, please contact Liz Callahan, HR Analyst, by e-mail at Liz.Callahan@kingcounty.gov or by phone at 206-477-2369.
- The normal work hours for this position is 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
- A minimum of two weekends of work may be required during peak periods (peak periods are April 15th - May 15th and October 15th - November 15th -). We have a vacation freeze during these peak periods.
This position is represented by the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, Local 117 - Administrative. Employment Type: Career Service, Full Time, 35 hrs/week