The Facilities Services Capital Project Program Manager (Project Program Manager III) will work closely with Metro Transit Base staff to ensure capital assets and emergent requests are managed successfully. You will be working within Metro Transit Facilities Capital Project group as the primary project program manager and capital liaison for the replacement of capital assets. You will also assist with other projects/programs and budget.
About King County Metro Transit
As the only county in the United States named after Martin Luther King Jr, one of the most influential civil rights leaders in our nations' history, King County is a vibrant community with residents that represent countries from around the world. It is a region with increasing diversity that cherishes the artistic and social traditions of many cultures. Together, we're changing the way government delivers service and winning national recognition as a model of excellence. We continue to build on an enduring legacy of shared values of equity and social justice, employee engagement, innovative thinking and continuous improvement.
With this commitment, King County has adopted a pro-equity agenda aimed at advancing regional change and is developing the systems and standards necessary to achieve better outcomes for all of our residents, regardless of their race or income. All of these qualities make this King County one of the nation's best places to live, work and play.
Who May Apply
This position is open to all qualified applicants.
This position is exempt from the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act and is therefore NOT eligible for overtime pay. Work schedule is normally Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Variations may be required depending on the demands and needs of the work.
This position will be located at 901 5th Ave., Seattle, WA.
Forms and Materials Required
An employment application completed at www.kingcounty.gov/jobs with employment history going back at least ten years if you have ten years of employment (or more to include all relevant experience) and answers to the supplemental questions are required. A resume and cover letter are not required, but highly recommended. You can either attach your documents in the "attachments" section or paste your documents into the "text resume" section of the employment application. See application instructions at the end of this posting for more details.
For more information regarding this recruitment, please contact:
Senior Talent Advisor
- Determine project and/or program budget, schedule and scope.
- Monitor the financial status of Capital Asset program and/or projects.
- Coordinate with diverse stakeholders to understand program labor and material requirements and establish viable program plans for both the schedule of the work, and budget management.
- Partner with multiple subject matter experts to capture program requirements and identify future program needs and goals.
- Develop strategic project planning documentation, including sequencing, scheduling, and deployment coordination.
- Review detailed list of program needs and engage in project packaging strategy discussions with internal and external partners.
- Prioritize program goals/objectives.
- Ensure that each program maintains compliance with all relevant laws and regulations.
- Manage contracts, including vendor management and payments.
- Provide complex analytical or program evaluation and budgetary status reports.
- Promote equity through program and by fostering an equitable, diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
A bachelor's degree in business management, construction management, transportation planning, business administration or a closely related field and at least two years of experience in project or program management OR any combination of work experience, training and education that provides the skills to perform the work. Additional qualifications include:
- Experience in managing multiple small-scale projects at a single time
- Development of strategic project planning documentation, including sequencing, scheduling, and deployment coordination
- Experience working with large organizations and matrixed workgroups
- Skill in managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience in conducting analytical studies and developing process improvements based on data gained from studies
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to conduct data analysis using excel or other data applications
- Ability to work well and respectfully and establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse group of individuals from a variety of different positions, cultures and backgrounds
- Experience with capital construction estimating and scheduling, ideally in a governmental or large corporate setting
- Knowledge of facilities management
- Knowledge of capital design and construction project process, including procurement and alternative delivery methodologies
- Experience working for a transit agency in service, facilities, construction and/or operations
- PMP certificate or project management certificate
- Valid Washington State Driver's License or ability to get WA State Driver's license by date of hire.
King County Metro Transit is the winner of the 2018 award for best large transit system in North America. We are a national leader in getting people to work quickly, reducing commuter stress, greening the environment and improving urban air quality, providing comfortable, effective transit services for the thousands of commuters and other residents of King County, Washington. Metro has pioneered or refined dozens of innovations which have made us a leader in the nation's public transportation industry.
King County provides our employees with a free transportation pass (good on most regional transit systems). We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental and vision benefits for the whole family and state-registered domestic partner. A competitive sick leave and vacation plan, twelve holidays annually, and participation in the State's Public Employees Retirement Plan (PERS) are provided, as well as the option of participating in the County's deferred compensation plan (a 457 plan). Please see the Benefits tab in this posting for more details.
Applicants should complete an application at www.kingcounty.gov/jobs, which includes the Supplemental Questions. A resume and cover letter are not required, but highly recommended.
NOTE: Please answer all questions in the employment application itself, with each of your jobs during the last 10 years listed (listing each position for each employer separately), duties explained, reasons for leaving etc. Earlier jobs should be included