Web Developer II
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Meet Us: King Arthur Baking Company is an award-winning, audience-leading baking company with a strategic vision to be the resource for baking education and inspiration. Through traditional and new media, in-person and virtual education, we strive to be a leader in helping novice and expert bakers alike. We're not going anywhere - we've been part of the family since 1790. We work to build stronger communities and increase access and the connection to real foods. We take pride in our responsible sourcing and our "never bleached" guarantee. And we work closely with farmers, millers, and suppliers in a continued commitment toward sustainability. Our wheat flour is grown and milled right here in the United States. Flour this good uses only the purest ingredients, free from GMOs. As a founding B Corporation, we are committed to using the power of business as a force for social and environmental good. We believe every employee's contributions make our company what it is: vibrant, successful, and committed to spreading the joy of baking. We are a welcoming and inclusive 100% employee-owned company.
The Position: The Web Developer role at King Arthur Baking has broad responsibilities for Front End Development & Integrations with a variety of systems and technologies. The individual in this role will collaborate with other web developers, designers, and engineers as well as business partners in Marketing, Digital Marketing & Ecommerce. King Arthur Baking’s award-winning website gets millions of visits a year, so the role requires creativity, attention to detail and appreciation for design, usability, and accessibility as well as excellent technical, interpersonal and communication skills. The person in this position is heavily involved in code development for our CMS and eCommerce Platforms (Drupal and BigCommerce) as well integration and configuration of various 3rd party applications used to achieve our web product goals (Algolia, Yotpo, Listrak, etc.)The Benefits: Yes, we have the regular "stuff" - medical, dental, vision, company paid short- and long-term disability, life insurance, paid time off to rest, paid holidays to have fun, a 401(K) with a company match. But here's what makes us different: 40 paid volunteer hours a year, profit sharing*, participation in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)* and knowing that those working with you are dedicated and engaged co-employee owners that believe in you and your extraordinary abilities to move us all forward.
Reports to: Director of Web Development
Location: White River Junction, VT; Remote Eligible Position. For remote, it is preferred that a candidate be in a distance in which they can drive to our offices in White River Junction, VT sporadically as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Builds pages and templates based on design and content from our creative and editorial teams
- Works with developers and designers to develop and implement reusable content “widgets”
- Continuously improves the manner and process in which we enable internal customers to publish content, events, recipes, classes, and our products to the web
- Develops code in a holistic manner optimizing for speed, proper semantic layout, organic search performance, and schema markup
- Maintains strong attention to detail and quality. Test your work and the work of teammates in order to ensure proper cross browser rendering and eliminate technical defects
- Uses various web technologies and leading-edge practices to continuously improve our sites
- Takes ownership of and develops expertise in one (or more) of the tools and services used to deliver our web experience.
- Stays current with emerging trends and topics within web development
This should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties and responsibilities. There may be some variation and/or development of the above duties and responsibilities without changing the general nature of the job.
Minimum job requirements
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in front-end web site development
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in multi-layer, multi-environment enterprise web development.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with Drupal, or BigCommerce (or other SaaS based eCommerce Platform), and related languages and frameworks (PHP, React, Stencil, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge and ability to create standards-compliant HTML & CSS
- Strong knowledge and comfort with multi-user version control practices
- Strong attention to detail and concern for accuracy
- Experience, appreciation for, and adherence to web development best practices including website usability, accessibility, and design
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Success factors/competencies for this role
- Open to change, recommends actions for continuous improvement
- Thinks and acts strategically, understands how their role contributes to larger outcome
- Provides exemplary customer service to both internal and external customers
- Sets high standards for oneself, meet deadlines
- Learns from mistakes, is receptive to feedback
- Effective communicator, listens and respects others’ points of view
- Participates in team problem solving and decision making
- Maintains a positive attitude
- Is community minded – gets involved, volunteers
Physical requirements/work environment
- Must be able to work at a computer for hours at a time each day
- The work environment of this position is conducted within an open office and/or remote work environment with the function being performed at the computer
- Understands that safety is the responsibility of everyone at the organization
- Is responsible for providing a safe and ergonomically sound work environment, identifying unsafe conditions and correcting these conditions immediately
- Engages in safety and compliance training programs and encourage 100% team participation in same
- Adheres to company-wide green norms, looks for ways to reduce, reuse, recycle
- Educates oneself on KAB environmental campaigns
- Strives to continually improve and implement new processes to reduce our environmental impact
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers, and vendors.
There's room at our table for you! Apply today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors protected by law. King Arthur Flour provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities to allow them to participate in both the application process and during employment. Such individuals are encouraged to seek accommodations to allow them to apply for a position, participate in the application process, and meet the essential functions and requirements of the position.
*Amounts vary based achievement of financial targets. Participation based on hire date and program entry date.
King Arthur Flour
AddressWhite River Junction, VT
TechnologyView all jobs at King Arthur Flour