Director of Integration and Data Engineering
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Meet Us: King Arthur Baking Company is an award-winning, audience-leading baking company with a strategic vision to be the resource for baking education and inspiration. Through traditional and new media, in-person and virtual education, we strive to be a leader in helping novice and expert bakers alike. We're not going anywhere - we've been part of the family since 1790. We work to build stronger communities and increase access and the connection to real foods. We take pride in our responsible sourcing and our "never bleached" guarantee. And we work closely with farmers, millers, and suppliers in a continued commitment toward sustainability. Our wheat flour is grown and milled right here in the United States. Flour this good uses only the purest ingredients, free from GMOs. As a founding B Corporation, we are committed to using the power of business as a force for social and environmental good. We believe every employee's contributions make our company what it is: vibrant, successful, and committed to spreading the joy of baking. We are a welcoming and inclusive 100% employee-owned company.
The Position: The Director of Integration and Data Engineering is responsible for application integration strategy, leadership, management, delivery, and operational support for integration and data systems across all units at King Arthur Baking. This high impact role develops, interprets, and directs the annual roadmap for implementation of department strategies, plans and policies and leads their team while guiding the organization through architecture choices to enable an enhanced and cohesive experience for our bakers across all our systems and channels. The individual in this role is expected to work in a highly collaborative manner across a broad range of teams supporting our wholesale grocery, food service, direct, and retail channels including cafés, baker education centers, e-commerce, contact center operations, supply chain, finance, direct to consumer, order fulfillment, marketing, and information technology teams.
This strategic role will work extensively as a member of IT leadership team setting the direction and execution of the applications development function roadmap into use of cloud technologies for integrations, custom application development, custom API/WebServices, Data Services, Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, and Data Platforms. The Director will work intensively as data lead on an Enterprise Architecture team setting Data Integration and Data Strategy practices in partnership with leadership in infrastructure, operations, networking, security, and program management, and customer marketing to mutually define the architecture and map for the organization’s technical, cultural, and future state technology operating model.
The Benefits: Yes, we have the regular "stuff" - medical, dental, vision, company paid short- and long-term disability, life insurance, paid time off to rest, paid holidays to have fun, a 401(K) with a company match. But here's what makes us different: 40 paid volunteer hours a year, profit sharing*, participation in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)* and knowing that those working with you are dedicated and engaged co-employee owners that believe in you and your extraordinary abilities to move us all forward.
Reports to Vice President of Information Technology
Location: White River Junction, VT & Remote
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the definition, alignment, communication, and execution of data integration and data technology strategy and roadmap.
- Effectively works across all levels of the organization to educate, influence, build consensus with a high level of diplomacy and trust,
- Leads the application development practice design and IPaaS middleware integrations across disparate business processes and systems including 3rd party SaaS providers.
- Leads the enterprise Data Strategy aligning integration, data engineering, and data use in conjunction with extracting the optimal value from data across all organizational units.
- Implementation of continuous delivery development methodologies and cloud native application development strategies.
- Develops the policies and procedures and leads incident management, release management and change management best practices across applications and integration technologies.
- Applies in-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to IT and integration practices. For example: Payment Card Industry (PCI), Personally Identifiable Information (PII), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), etc.
- Works in a highly collaborative manner and develops cross-functional trusted advisor relationships across the organization.
- Works with department leadership to determine business requirements and available resources to identify systems solutions to achieve business strategies.
- Evaluates the ROI of time, money and resources to determine the best solution to a proposed challenge or opportunity.
- Ensures proper documentation exists associated with all aspects integration designs across KAB developed systems and external 3rd party SaaS solutions.
- Leads technology and partner evaluations, the RFI/RFP process, selection, negotiations, and implementations.
- Primary owner of core external partners, vendors, consultants and managed service relationships.
- Develops and manages an OpEx/CapEx budget supporting the hardware, software, license, maintenance, support, subscriptions, services and consulting needs for your areas of responsibility.
- Exercises comfort in taking calculated risks and making decisions without all the facts.
- Openly communicates team and individual expectations and concerns.
- Be readily accessible, willing to listen and seek to understand.
- Engage your team: motivating, directing, inspiring and involving them in decisions.
- Nurture growth in others by supporting their passions, strengths and work styles.
- Maintain employee attitude and morale by recognizing outstanding performance and managing performance issues.
- Lead and manage a high performing IT Team responsible for developing middleware and custom applications when needed. Sets standard for integration design partners and use across all teams in the enterprise.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to your team along with day-to-day guidance and prioritization of cross-functional project, enhancement, and production support activities.
- Develops internal and external service level agreements and holds people accountable.
This should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties and responsibilities. There may be some variation and/or development of the above duties and responsibilities without changing the general nature of the job.
Minimum job requirements
- A 4-year college degree (BA or BS); Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of IT experience.
- Minimum 6 years of experience managing an IT Team(s) responsible for supporting Omnichannel systems.
- Experience with various integration platforms, data warehousing, BI systems.
- Experience with distributed enterprise systems design and integration platform use.
- Experience executing enterprise level integration projects across ERP, Ecom, supply chain, POS, and various SaaS platforms.
- Experience implementing and integration omni channel architecture systems landscapes.
- Experience with SAP S4 Hana is a plus
- Awareness of the evolution of software development, current tools, best practices and suitable technologies
- Ability to apply system analysis and design principles and coach others towards the strategic mission
- Ability to create and write clear, complete documentation of systems and procedures
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills including high degree of attention to detail and accuracy
- Committed to providing excellent service and support to our internal and external customers
Success factors/competencies for this role
- Open to change, recommends actions for continuous improvement
- Thinks and acts strategically, understands how their role contributes to larger outcomes
- Provides exemplary customer service to both internal and external customers
- Sets high standards for oneself, meet deadlines
- Learns from mistakes, receptive to feedback
- Effective communicator, listens and respects others’ points of view
- Participates in team problem solving and decision making
- Maintains a positive attitude
- Is community minded – gets involved, volunteers
Physical requirements/work environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time
- Ability to work in an open office environment which can be noisy at times
- Ability to attend meetings frequently held in buildings located across our White River Junction and Norwich, VT campus.
- Understands that safety is the responsibility of everyone at the organization
- Responsible for providing a safe and ergonomically sound work environment, identifying unsafe conditions and correcting these conditions immediately
- Engages in safety and compliance training programs and encourage 100% team participation in same
- Adheres to company-wide green norms, looks for ways to reduce, reuse, recycle
- Educates oneself on KAB environmental campaigns
- Strives to continually improve and implement new processes to reduce our environmental impact
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
There's room at our table for you! Apply today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors protected by law. King Arthur Flour provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities to allow them to participate in both the application process and during employment. Such individuals are encouraged to seek accommodations to allow them to apply for a position, participate in the application process, and meet the essential functions and requirements of the position.
*Amounts vary based achievement of financial targets. Participation based on hire date and program entry date.
King Arthur Flour
Get fresh Director Data Engineering jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.