Customer Sales Director - Natural Channel Segment
KING ARTHUR FLOUR Norwich, VT
- Expired: June 11, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Meet Us: King Arthur Baking Company is an award-winning, audience-leading baking company with a strategic vision to be the resource for baking education and inspiration. Through traditional and new media, in-person and virtual education, we strive to be a leader in helping novice and expert bakers alike. We're not going anywhere - we've been part of the family since 1790. We work to build stronger communities and increase access and the connection to real foods. We take pride in our responsible sourcing and our "never bleached" guarantee. And we work closely with farmers, millers, and suppliers in a continued commitment toward sustainability. Our wheat flour is grown and milled right here in the United States. Flour this good uses only the purest ingredients, free from GMOs. As a founding B Corporation, we are committed to using the power of business as a force for social and environmental good. We believe every employee's contributions make our company what it is: vibrant, successful, and committed to spreading the joy of baking. We are a welcoming and inclusive 100% employee-owned company.
The Position: The primary purpose of the Customer Sales Director is to oversee and manage all aspects of sales within assigned retailer accounts for King Arthur Baking Company. These responsibilities are primarily focused around natural channel retailers: UNFI/Super Valu (Whole Foods Markets); KEHE, Sprouts, etc. The Customer Sales Director is responsible for developing and executing retailer specific sales plans and programs resulting in the delivery of their assigned revenue budget and overall teams’ budget. The Customer Sales Director manages and executes programs which align with company brand and strategy and deliver profitable and sustainable growth to targeted brands, across a diverse range of retailers. The individual in this role works closely with both Marketing, Trade Marketing and Operations to develop and execute brand strategies which build King Arthur Baking Company (KABC) brand awareness and deliver profitable revenue growth.The Benefits: Yes, we have the regular "stuff" - medical, dental, vision, company paid short- and long-term disability, life insurance, paid time off to rest, paid holidays to have fun, a 401(K) with a company match. But here's what makes us different: 40 paid volunteer hours a year, profit sharing*, participation in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)* and knowing that those working with you are dedicated and engaged co-employee owners that believe in you and your extraordinary abilities to move us all forward.
The Location: This role may work remote in the any Midwest or Northeast state of the United States.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and drives profitable sales within assigned accounts for King Arthur Baking Company
- Directs and oversees implementation and execution of sales and marketing programs
- Delivers assigned revenue and volume sales targets within budget guidelines
- Manages trade budget and other resources to optimize results
- Forecasts sales, updating in real time, by retailer in order to provide guidance to inventory/supply teams
- Grows distribution in assigned retailer accounts
- Owns the retailer and product portfolio, ensuring the right balance of product offerings to meet customer needs
- Provides ongoing input regarding marketplace conditions/ retailer go-to-market strategies (new technology / tools, programs, etc.)
- Oversees, manages and develops respective Brokers including providing clear concise direction, measuring and evaluating performance and holding Brokers accountable for results
- Understands and manages accordingly all aspects of the “evolving” decision making/go-to-market process within assigned retailer accounts, including account direction/changes and how decisions are made (multiple department involvement, i.e. category manager/buyer, ecommerce dept., marketing dept., supply chain, customer service, etc.) in order to optimize KABC presence
- Owns and manages the customer relationships at assigned accounts. Penetrate all levels of assigned accounts
- Maintains a willingness to travel as needed (usually 30% of time)
SALES STRATEGY & PLANNING
- Develops retailer specific strategies to expand KABC business opportunities in order to maintain a healthy balance between base business and new products.
- Creates go-to-market trade activation plans for assigned retailers in line with strategic brand priorities and channel strategies - drives excellence in execution.
- Executes the overall 4P Guidelines: - Product, Placement, Promotion, Pricing –working closely with the trade/category management and marketing teams.
- Translates marketplace/retailer learnings regarding trade and shopper marketing – market, channel and/or account specific insights and other data source analytics, and translates insights into opportunistic plans that feed the Marketing planning process and brand strategy development.
- Contributes to category and marketing plans, with retailer specific insights and promotional strategies.
TRADE INVESTMENT/FUNDS MANAGEMENT/BUDGETING
- Manages assigned trade budgets to ensure that all resources are effectively used to drive both optimal results and ROI while delivering profitable revenue/sales growth.
- Analyzes promotional activities - performance / level of spending, and evaluate key programs results against established KPIs, leveraging trade and finance teams as needed for ROI assistance.
- Contributes to the development and compliance management of account KPI’s. Make proactive recommendations to improve programming details and/or execution efficiencies for gaps.
BUSINESS INSIGHTS & PERFORMANCE MONITORING
- Analyzes and manages retailers’, category, KABC share trends and data by retailer (such as, but not limited to Spins, Nielsen, retailer specific data, etc.) to support confident decision-making in determining strategy in areas such new retailer opportunities.
- Collaborates with Manager, Category Management, and Supply/Operations to identify and communicate gaps to targets/budgets, and work with the respective teams to develop/execute gap fillers
- Tracks retailer performance in all sales fundamentals against the category, competition and growth targets/KPI’s
This should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties and responsibilities. There may be some variation and/or development of the above duties and responsibilities without changing the general nature of the job.
Minimum job requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field
- Master’s degree in business or relevant field preferred
- Minimum 5 years of sales experience
- Consumer Packaged Goods experience in the natural channel required, baking category experience a plus
- Proven successes working with and building business with distributors UNFI; Whole Foods Market, Kehe, Sprouts and other health channel retailers
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Success factors/competencies for this role
- Open to change, recommends actions for continuous improvement
- Thinks and acts strategically, understands how their role contributes to larger outcomes
- Provides exemplary customer service to both internal and external customers
- Sets high standards for oneself, meet deadlines
- Learns from mistakes, receptive to feedback
- Effective communicator, listens and respects others’ points of view
- Participates in team problem solving and decision making
- Maintains a positive attitude
- Is community minded – gets involved, volunteers
Physical requirements/work environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to sit or stand and work on a computer for long periods of time
- Ability to travel long distances by car, train and/or air
- Ability to work in an open office and remote work environment
- Understands that safety is the responsibility of everyone at the organization
- Responsible for providing a safe and ergonomically sound work environment, identifying unsafe conditions and correcting these conditions immediately
- Engages in safety and compliance training programs and encourage 100% team participation in same
- Adheres to company-wide green norms, looks for ways to reduce, reuse, recycle
- Educates oneself on KAB environmental campaigns
- Strives to continually improve and implement new processes to reduce our environmental impact
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
There's room at our table for you! Apply today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
KING ARTHUR FLOUR
BusinessView all jobs at KING ARTHUR FLOUR
Get fresh Channel Sales Director jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.