Customer Sales Director (West)
King Arthur Flour Company, Inc Norwich, VT
- Expired: June 15, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Meet Us: King Arthur Baking Company is an award-winning, audience-leading baking company with a strategic vision to be the resource for baking education and inspiration. Through traditional and new media, in-person and virtual education, we strive to be a leader in helping novice and expert bakers alike. We're not going anywhere - we've been part of the family since 1790. We work to build stronger communities and increase access and the connection to real foods. We take pride in our responsible sourcing and our "never bleached" guarantee. And we work closely with farmers, millers, and suppliers in a continued commitment toward sustainability. Our wheat flour is grown and milled right here in the United States. Flour this good uses only the purest ingredients, free from GMOs. As a founding B Corporation, we are committed to using the power of business as a force for social and environmental good. We believe every employee's contributions make our company what it is: vibrant, successful, and committed to spreading the joy of baking. We are a welcoming and inclusive 100% employee-owned company.
The Position: The primary purpose of the Customer Sales Director is to oversee and manage all aspect of sales within assigned retailer accounts for King Arthur Baking Company.The Customer Sales Director is responsible for developing and executing retailer specific salesplans andprograms resulting in the delivery oftheirassigned revenue budget and overall teams' budget. The Customer Sales Directormanagesand executesprograms which align with company brand and strategy and deliver profitable and sustainable growth to targeted brands, across a diverse range of retailers. Theindividual in thisrole works closely with both Marketing, Trade Marketing and Operations to develop and execute brand strategies which build KingArthur Baking Company (KABC)brand awareness and deliver profitable revenue growth.The Benefits: Yes, we have the regular "stuff" - medical, dental, vision, company paid short- and long-term disability, life insurance, paid time off to rest, paid holidays to have fun, a 401(K) with a company match. But here's what makes us different: 40 paid volunteer hours a year, profit sharing*, participation in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)* and knowing that those working with you are dedicated and engaged co-employee owners that believe in you and your extraordinary abilities to move us all forward.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Developsand drivesprofitable sales within assigned accounts for King ArthurBaking Company
- Directsand overseesimplementation and execution of sales and marketingprograms
- Deliversassigned revenue and volume sales targets within budgetguidelines
- Managestrade budget and other resources to optimizeresults
- Forecastssales, updatinginrealtime,by retailerin order toprovideguidance to inventory/supplyteams
- Growsdistribution in assigned retaileraccounts
- Ownsthe retailer and product portfolio,ensuresthe right balance of product offeringsin orderto meet customerneeds
- Providesongoing input regarding marketplace conditions/ retailer go-to-marketstrategies. Thisincludesnew technology,tools, programs, etc.
- Oversees, managesand developsrespective Brokers including providing clear concise direction, measuring and evaluating performance and holding Brokers accountable forresults
- Understandsand managesaccordingly all aspects of the "evolving" decision making/go-to-market process within assigned retailer accounts,including account direction/changes and how decisions are made (multiple department involvement,i.e.,category manager/buyer, ecommerce dept., marketing dept., supply chain, customer service, etc.) in orderto optimize KABCpresence
- Ownsandmanagesthe customer relationships at assigned accounts. Penetrate all levels of assignedaccounts
- Maintainswillingness to travel as needed (usually 30% of time)
SALES STRATEGY & PLANNING
- Developsretailer specific strategies to expand KABC business opportunities to maintain a healthy balance between base business and new products.
- Createsgo-to-market trade activation plans for assigned retailers in line with strategic brand priorities and channel strategies - driving excellence in execution.
- Executesthe overall 4P Guidelines: - Product, Placement, Promotion, Pricing -working closely with the trade/category management and marketing teams.
- Translatesmarketplace/retailer learnings regarding trade and shopper marketing - market, channel and/or account specific insights and other data source analytics, and translates insights into opportunistic plans that feed the Marketing planning process and brand strategy development.
- Contributesto category and marketing plans, with retailer specific insights and promotional strategies.
TRADE INVESTMENT/FUNDS MANAGEMENT/BUDGETING
- Managesassigned trade budgets to ensure that all resources are effectively used to drive both optimal results and ROI while delivering profitable revenue/sales growth.
- Analyzespromotional activities - performance / level of spending, and evaluate key programs results against established KPIs, leveraging trade and finance teams as needed for ROI assistance.
- Contributesto the development and compliance management of account KPI's. Make proactive recommendations to improve programming details and/or execution efficiencies for gaps.
BUSINESS INSIGHTS & PERFORMANCE MONITORING
- Analyzesand manage retailers', category, KABC share trends and data by retailer (such as, but not limited to Spins, Nielsen, retailer specific data, etc.) to support confident decision-making in determining strategy in areas such new retailer opportunities.
- Collaborateswith Manager, Category Management, and Supply/Operations to identify and communicate gaps to targets/budgets, and work with the respective teams to develop/execute gap fillers
- Tracksretailer performance in all sales fundamentals against the category, competition and growth targets/KPI's
King Arthur Flour Company, Inc
BusinessView all jobs at King Arthur Flour Company, Inc