Traffic Management Specialist
- Posted: 24 days ago
- $50,000 to $75,000 Yearly
Kinetix is currently seeking to fill the position of Traffic Management Specialist for our Alexandria, Virginia office. Remote locations are also possible.
This position is responsible for providing Air/Sea Routings, Rates and Booking Support to multiple in office and remote Account Managers. This includes the implementation of customer service, subcontracting and import/export administration and control within the guidelines of US government rules and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare price quotations on inbound and outbound international and domestic freight
- Arrange pick up and deliveries with air and ocean carriers
- Processing of shipping documentation
- Negotiate rates with vendors and clients
- Generate air and ocean waybills
- Coordination with overseas agents
- Book and trace shipments with carriers
- Data entry into proprietary software systems
Duties and Responsibilities in Coordination with Business Development
- Proposal preparation and development support
- Customer service and account development support
- Integrated system solution development
- Quote prices and provide technical responses
- Maintain long term relationships with Kinetix vendors and suppliers via phone, personal activities, events and various other legal methods
- Handle customer problems, complaints and questions in person or via electronic means
- Present an appropriate business conduct and appearance at all times while working
This position will have a wide scope of responsibility in the area of Account Support ranging from transactional business from small to large sized clientele to the Project Management of multi-million dollar contracts. This position may require domestic and international travel. You will be expected to utilize the capability, resources and assistance of the Kinetix staff and its agents to provide solutions to our customers.
- Candidates must have an understanding of import/export operations including freight routing and regulatory compliance.
- Preferably 1-5 years of import/export or freight forwarding experience.
- Experience in areas of FMS, DDTC, and export licenses a plus.
- Ability to clearly communicate with customers and co-workers
- Access, accurately input, and retrieve information from a PC
- Read, prepare and price quotations.
- Employee medical is company paid (voluntary dental, vision and life are also available)
- 401(k) retirement program
- Paid vacation, sick time, and holidays
- Salary is negotiable and varies based on experience from $50,000 - $75,000 per year
If you are interested in joining our energetic team, please send your resume and cover letter with salary expectations.
Kinetix International Logistics (Kinetix) is a rapidly growing logistics and freight forwarding company that specializes in supporting US Government Agencies and their contractors operating in developing countries.
Our core competencies in logistics support and supply chain management is complemented by a great work environment with a company culture of customer service, accountability and creative problem solving.
Kinetix’s niche capabilities within the Project Cargo division include the provision of transportation solutions for projects funded by the Department of Defense, Department of State, the National Laboratories, United Nations and various NGO’s. These projects often require us to provide integrated warehousing, packaging, receiving, export compliance, freight forwarding, customs clearance and delivery solutions to some of the most complex environments in the world. The commodities we transport can vary drastically. We frequently transport IT equipment, project vehicles, medical supplies, demining equipment, military weapon platforms and other hazardous cargoes such as ammunition and radioactive materials.
Kinetix is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Values a Diverse Workforce
Kinetix International Logistics
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?