Virtual Reality Developer
Kinetic Vision Cincinnati, OH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Opportunity: Virtual Reality Developer with Kinetic Vision in Cincinnati, OH
Do you want to bring your skills to the business world of new product innovation? Do you thrive on the challenge of creating new Augmented and Virtual Reality environments? Do you want to find a great place with great people to build your career? If you answered yes, we want to speak to you about our position!
Kinetic Vision is seeking a Virtual Reality Developer to join their team to build cutting edge visualization tools and simulations. We are working on everything from interactive product experiences to advanced virtual prototypes of mechanisms and processes. This role will be:
- Working in a small project-oriented development team to create custom AR and VR experiences for enterprise use cases (engineering, biomedical, marketing, training, etc.) in Unity and/or Unreal Engine
- Collaborating with other developers and clients to evaluate project needs and come up with clever solutions
- Setting up virtual environments for a wide range of AR or VR scenarios, depending on the project type
- Implementing user interfaces based on mockups and storyboards
- Crafting intuitive user interactions for both novice and experienced users
- Writing well-documented, reusable code in C++, C#, or other languages as necessary
- Diagnosing, documenting, and fixing bugs reported by testers and users
- Using industry standard source control and issue tracking systems (Git, Jira, Trello, etc.)
- Participating in project planning and team code reviews
- Keeping up with the latest trends and advancements in augmented and virtual reality
The ideal candidate will love playing with the latest technology and juggling multiple assignments. Additionally, you should have:
- Familiarity with standard AR and VR hardware, software, best practices, and design patterns
- Ability to understand and apply 2D and 3D mathematical concepts (linear algebra, matrix multiplication, quaternions, etc.)
- Proficiency in Object Oriented Programming and coding best practices, especially in C# and/or C++
- Knowledge of game engine concepts such as lighting, shaders, materials, meshes, scripting, etc.
- History of working collaboratively on multi-person teams with source control and (ideally) issue tracking
- Creativity in finding solutions to abstract design problems, particularly with respect to translating real-world concepts and interactions into VR
- UI/UX ability and experience a plus
- Nice to have: general familiarity with industry-standard 3D graphics software such as 3DS Max, Maya, Substance, etc.
Kinetic Vision has been developing cutting edge products and technology for global, local, and Fortune 500 companies since 1988. We are a full-service firm bringing design, engineering, and development talent together to deliver progressive and imaginative product and process technology solutions.
Are you ready to join a strong team committed to the continued growth, development, and success of its employees? Apply online today. Be part of our future!
EEO/M/F/D/V. No third-party applications please.
Kinetic Vision integrates advanced technologies to accelerate product innovation within a broad array of industries including medical, consumer electronics, transportation, aerospace and consumer packaged goods. The company is an industry leader in multiple categories, including smart product and medical device development, packaging innovation, product quality engineering, software/app development, machine learning, AR/VR, digital twins and visual communication. Kinetic Vision’s breadth of expertise and full suite of software and hardware tools enables them to meet complex product development challenges with an efficient concept-to-production solution. In 2018 we created the Deep Vision Data division to service the growing demand for synthetic training data for machine learning. We are honored to have helped over 500 companies, including 50 of the Fortune 500, accelerate their success and consider each of them our collaborative partners.
TechnologyView all jobs at Kinetic Vision