At Kinemetrics, we offer a work environment unlike any other: we foster innovation and build collaboration…our employees combine their talents to achieve a common goal. We have big plans for continued global growth, and we are looking for people who are creative, flexible, and dedicated to helping us build something great – something that matters.
Can you join Team Kinemetrics? Yes, you can - if you’re excited by the thought of working with the finest seismic and earthquake engineering instrumentation designers the world can offer, more than 1,000 customers and a range of revolutionary products that are shaping earthquake research in 150 countries. Being valued for who you are as well as what you do, you can embrace the pace…The key question is: Is This You?
Development will be on a variety of microprocessors, microcontrollers, and programmable logic devices using programming languages and tools suitable to the task.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Consults with hardware engineers and other engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software and operational and performance requirements.
- Formulates and designs software system using analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequence of design.
- Participates in the analysis and debugging of operation systems.
- Develops and directs software system testing procedures, programming, and documentation.
Education and/or Experience:
- Four-year college or university program certificate; or five to ten years related experience and/or training.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret professional and technical publications.
- Ability to interpret and extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Outstanding people: Collaborate with the industry’s top minds.
- Work with a purpose: Work that has a global impact with the opportunity to make a difference in earthquake preparedness and resilience.
- Excellent benefits: We offer competitive salary with a benefits package that includes a 401k plan with company match, medical and dental insurance, both short term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and flexible work hours which includes having every other Friday off.
- Strong work/life balance: Located in Pasadena, close to Caltech, and a short commute to the ocean, ski and hiking areas.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.