Responsible for completing a variety of tasks that supports the Financial Consultant in his/her efforts to meet all regulatory, compliance record keeping and transaction processing requirements.
The Sales Assistant I works with a minimal amount of supervision and direction and is authorized to take reasonable actions necessary to carry out the assigned responsibilities of the position, provided that such action is consistent with cost-effective practices and is consistent with the policy and procedures of Kinecta Federal Credit Union.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively manage incoming and outgoing telephone calls for Financial Consultants, establishing appointments and servicing members.
- Analyze and reconcile commission reports
- Assist is audit preparation
- Inputs and maintains a member database to effectively target members for marketing and follow-up.
- Assist with problem resolution of time and amounts of trades, systematic investments and withdrawals with member accounts held at investment companies, or with broker/dealer.
- Works with Investment operations department for correction and completion of accurate documentation.
- Reviews and ensures accuracy in the completion of all trade and account documentation
- Assists with preparation, RSVPs, and attendance at seminars and other marketing activities as needed
- Responsible for assisting in the maintenance of all branch files and reports. Performs timely and accurate filing of these records and ensures that all compliance regulations governing these files are observed in accordance with regulating bodies and broker/dealer office procedures
- Completes production reports as required
- Produces monthly systematic investment instruction letters per KFIS policy and procedures.
- Performs special projects as required
- Assists with the coordination of compliance reports and filings with the broker/dealer.
- Leverage available software including Microsoft Outlook, for contact management.
- Maintain Financial Consultant appointment calendar.
- Maintains a general working knowledge of financial services and products
- Completes special projects as requested.
- Cooperates with Credit Union projects and sales activities
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to learn and apply broker/dealer and compliance policies and procedures
- Knowledge of rules and regulations governing the sale of non-deposit investment products within the credit union
- Knowledge of CUSO annuity and investment products
- Knowledge of policies governing the processing of investment transactions and required record keeping
- 2 plus years experience in an investment and/or insurance sales environment
Education, Training and Experience:
Potential candidates for this position must meet the following requirements:
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- All education related to passing securities and insurance licensing exams, or equivalent financial services industry experience.
- Series 6 license