Kinecta Federal Credit Union Manhattan Beach, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
The Portfolio Manager is responsible for overall management of the Business Services loan portfolio, including lines of credit both secured and unsecured, to maximize profitability and member satisfaction while mitigating risk to Kinecta.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF POSITION:
The position works with a minimal amount of supervision and direction and is authorized to take reasonable actions necessary to carry out the assigned responsibilities of the position, provided that such action is consistent with cost-effective practices and is consistent with the policy and procedures of Kinecta Federal Credit Union.
The role has indirect supervisory responsibility for staff tasked with collection and analysis of loan performance data. The Portfolio Manager also oversees risk mitigation activities, including, but not limited to, loan modifications, workouts and liquidation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide excellent member service and engage with member borrowers such that relationship can be leveraged for further business development not limited to real estate loans.
- Directly manage and oversee management of customer accounts to ensure member retention.
- Preparation of annual loan reviews, problem loan reports, watch list loan reports and ensure the proper credit risk rating of loans in the portfolio as well as presentation of results to upper management. This includes coordinating with Credit Administration to ensure that proper all reserves are set for the portfolio.
- Management of post-closing issues including preparation and handling of loan modifications, extensions, and assumptions.
- Manage the collection of borrower financial statements, property operating statements and other items needed for preparation of annual loan reviews.
- Coordinate and assist in the sale of loan participations.
- Coordinate with outside counsel to represent Kinecta in foreclosure, bankruptcy, and other debtor’s legal process.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs other duties including special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent knowledge of state and federal regulations related to business loans.
- Excellent knowledge of Commercial/Mortgage/Consumer products, processing, closing, servicing, collections.
- Excellent oral and written communication abilities.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel
- Familiar with MS PowerPoint
- Excellent customer service skills
- Work well under time constraints
Education, Training and Experience:
Potential candidates for this position must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in commercial real estate and/or SBA portfolio management or underwriting.
- This is a hybrid position (until further notice).
- Position located in El Segundo, CA. (No out of state candidates)
One year of relevant professional-level work experience may be substituted for one year of required education.
- The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
- The job may require flexibility with regards to scheduling days, hours, and work location, depending on business needs.
- The job is typically sedentary but may require standing and walking up to 35% of the work time to transfer files, ask questions, and related activities.
PHYSICAL ABILITIES, MENTAL DEMANDS, AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Must be able to exercise sound judgment, effectively plan and be well organized, have excellent oral and written communications skills, work well under changing timelines, take the initiative and be flexible and cooperative. Accuracy, timeliness and maintaining confidentiality related to member, employee information and company records is required.
While performing the job duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit; talk or hear in person and by telephone; use hands to operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; lift minimum 10 lbs.
The employee is frequently required to walk and stand. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus to read and operate office equipment, as necessary. The employee works under typical office conditions and noise levels.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Kinecta Federal Credit Union
AddressManhattan Beach, CA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Kinecta Federal Credit Union