Investing in a career at Kinecta Federal Credit Union simply makes good sense. Kinecta is one of the largest credit unions based in California, and growing! We currently have an exciting opportunity for an outgoing, ambitious, and innovative individual that thrives on helping people in a team environment.
The Sr. Manager, Human Resources is authorized to take any reasonable action necessary to carry out assigned responsibilities, provided that such action is consistent with sound management and cost-effective practices and is consistent with the policy and procedures of the Human Resources Department and Kinecta Federal Credit Union in general. The Sr. Manager, Human Resources, is expected to exercise considerable initiative and sound judgment in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
The Sr. Manager, Human Resources will generally supervise the following functions:
- Talent Acquisition
- HR Business Partners
- Employee Relations and Policies
- Employee Communications
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Sr. Manager, Human Resources originates and leads Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment, retention and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
- Oversees the implementation of Human Resources programs through Human Resources staff. Monitors administration to established standards and procedures. Identifies opportunities for improvement and resolves any discrepancies.
- Oversees and manages the work of the senior staffing specialist and Business Partners to ensure the day-to-day operation of the Human Resources Department.
- Develop metrics and measure human capital management including in hiring the right people and retention of good talents, career development, and performance management.
- Works closely with the VP of Human Resources & Talent and Development in the development and implementation human resources initiatives and programs.
- Prepares periodic reports for management as it pertains to staffing levels, turn-over, and other general HR related topics as necessary.
- Establishes practices and measurements that support the accomplishment of the Credit Union’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Conducts periodic reviews of the Credit Union’s policies and procedures to ensure relevance and that they meet the organization’s needs.
- Assists in the development and management of the HR’s Near Term Objectives (NTO).
- Assists with the staffing of senior level positions
- Assists with employee communication regarding employee policies, programs and initiatives
- Keeps apprised of federal, state and local employment laws and regulations in order to ensure Kinecta compliance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess knowledge of management-employee relations and the principles, practices, and procedures of human resources management.
- Must have the ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining good working relationships with executive and management staff and line employees.
- Must possess knowledge of state, local and federal laws and regulations relating to employment practices.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain confidentiality is required.
- Must be goal oriented, with the desire to meet or exceed assigned objectives and expectations.
- Must possess strong organizational, project and time management skills.
- Must possess the ability to lead, manage and direct projects and personnel.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- PHR/SPHR Certification a plus
- Minimum ten years’ experience in human resources
From the beginning, we have helped our members fulfill their dreams. In 1940, Hughes Aircraft Employees Federal Credit Union was an idea born from a simple inconvenience: employees of the Hughes Aircraft Company were spending too much lunchtime driving downtown to handle their finances. So why not start a credit union, right there at the plant?
“I went to Mr. Hughes’ office in Hollywood and talked to his secretary Nadine. I gave her all the facts and Mr. Hughes said, ‘Sure. Start the Credit Union. Just keep my name clean. I don't want anything funny going on.’ I said, you can be sure of that. And Hughes Credit Union was born.”
- Lou Merandi, Credit Union Founder & Hughes Aircraft Chief Tool Designer, 1937-1981
In October 1940 a United States government charter was issued to establish the Credit Union. Each of the 12 founders deposited $5 to make the Credit Union's total assets $60. Membership cost 25 cents and the maximum loan amount was $200. We launched our name change to Kinecta Federal Credit Union in July 2001, after serving our members proudly as Hughes Aircraft Employees Federal Credit Union for more than 60 years.
As we continue to expand our position as a leader in the financial services industry our Kinecta name and logo represent our continued commitment to delivering unequalled value to the members-owners of Kinecta Federal Credit Union. Our promise: Every aspect of our organization, from our employees, to our communications, to our products and services, sets standards of excellence by remembering that our business is serving our members. And we’re committed to doing that better than anybody.