This position works closely with the Data Management/BI team and business users and will be responsible for providing analytical solutions, realizing strategic efforts and execute transformational machine learning projects for various business units at the Credit Union. Primary emphasis will be the ability to support creation of value-added analytical solutions using a variety of statistical modeling and machine learning tools including predictive modeling, forecasting, statistical analysis, optimization, and causal inferences that support revenue generation, improve operational efficiency, regulatory/compliance, risk management, portfolio management and exploration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate the current operational environment, identify opportunities and apply critical thinking skills to perform advanced analytics with the goal of solving complex and multi-faceted business problems.
- Leverage a wide range of data analysis, machine learning and statistical modeling algorithms and methods to solve business problems.
- Generate insights through the analysis of data and understanding of operational processes and turn them into actionable recommendations/insights.
- Perform advanced quantitative and statistical analysis of large datasets to identify trends, patterns, and correlations that can be used to improve business performance.
- In-depth expertise in Data Warehousing concepts, techniques and architecture.
- Design and develop and test ETL and other database components including, but not limited to, stored procedures, user defined functions, and triggers to support Data Warehouse batch processes as well as enterprise data integration.
- Build and deploy prototype solutions to demonstrate ideas and prove concepts.
- Work with business SMEs to understand data requirements and translate them into predictive models and analytical tools.
- Demonstrate excellent organization skills throughout the development of analytical solutions (data analysis documentation, hypothesis documentation, code/version management, etc.).
- Effectively communicate with SPO, project team members and business sponsors throughout the project lifecycle.
- Develop presentations to summarize and communicate key messages to senior management sponsors and colleagues.
- Work independently and collaboratively as needed to achieve the desired outcomes of the project.
- Actively contribute to the continuous learning mindset of the Credit Union by bringing in innovative ideas and viewpoints that stretch the thinking of the team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have demonstrated ability to code complex programs in SQL and R/Python.
- Proficiency in rapid prototyping and coding skills using common data science tools like R, Python, H2O.ai, RStudio Shiny, Plotly, Keras etc.
- Strong background in machine learning, regression analysis, hypothesis testing, empirical data analysis, probability and/or statistics. Knowledge of predictive model development and oversight.
- Knowledge of financial engineering to develop, maintain and/or validate machine learning models used for predictive analytics, forecasting, valuation, strategy selection,
- portfolio and risk management covering a wide range of financial products (ex. banking, consumer, mortgage, insurance etc).
Education, Training and Experience:
Potential candidates for this position must meet the following requirements:
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with a wide variety of predictive modeling, machine learning, data mining, time series forecasting and optimization algorithms in enterprise environment.
- Graduate degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering, economics or related quantitative discipline.
- Banking/Financial services background preferred, but not required
Experience as outlined may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis.