Compassionate care, uncompromising service and clinical excellence - that's what our patients have come to expect from our clinicians. Kindred at Home, a division of Kindred Healthcare Inc., is the nation's leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services.
Kindred at Home, and its affiliates, delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients and clients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation and hospice and palliative care. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
The primary function of the Medical Records Specialist is to provide clerical support for the Medical Records department.
- Prepare patient assessment packets, including admission, re-certification and post hospital packets.
- Process signed and unsigned orders and 485s.
- Follow up on the Order Tracking Report weekly and according to Order Reprocess unsigned orders at end of episode as task appears on action screen.
- Date stamp all received documents, except SOC paperwork and paper visit notes, to be scanned into the client Scanning should be completed within 24 hours of stamp date.
- Fax the discharge / transfer summary / episode detail summary and Case Conference / 60 Day summary to the physician as task appears on the action screen.
- Copy documentation and assist with ADR preparation.
- Update HCHB and computer programs as appropriate.
- During Stage 4, support the Billing team by verifying paper visit notes.
- Adhere to and participate in Agency's mandatory HIPAA / Privacy Program and Employee Compliance Program.
- Read and adhere to all Agency Policies and Procedures and follow Employee Handbook Guidelines.