Lawn Jockey, Inc. is preparing to hire an Office Administrator.
· Do you enjoy creating and following administrative and financial systems to complete tasks on time and on budget?
· Do you find satisfaction in delivering amazing customer service to clients day-in and day-out?
· Are you looking for a position in a fast growing service industry company?
If so, you might be perfect for our growing Hadley, MA-based company.
Our Office Administrator must have excellent communication and people skills, with a focus on customer service. System-based, process-oriented thinking is a key to success.
You must be able to:
- Answer phones, field or direct calls, take messages or field answers for all routine and non-routine questions, while making sure phones are covered at all times
- Help customers with scheduling, cancellations, complaints, account questions, payments, billing, and any other inquiries via phone or email
- Manage all bookkeeping functions such as payroll, AP/AR, and reconciliations
- Assist with the completion of landscape estimates and contracts while verifying the accuracy of prices and all content
- Schedule meetings with clients for President and Sales staff
- Enter client data, as well as other items, as directed by Operations Manager
- Manage social media accounts by scheduling and creating attractive and engaging content that promotes the Company as well as educates our customers
- Assist the Management Team of the Company with any and all special projects as requested
- Process requests for information via phone, mail, and email
- Sort and distribute mail and send packages or mail as needed
- Organize the shop desk and office area as well as manage inventory of office supplies
- Demonstrate typing of 45 wpm with accuracy
- Exhibit excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
- Represent the company in a courteous and professional manner
- Display a positive "can do" attitude
- Understand that, while process and rigor are important, a human approach, common sense, trust, and follow though are at the core of Lawn Jockey’s values.
Lawn Jockey is searching for someone who:
- is detail-oriented, organized, flexible, dependable, and a team player
- is highly energetic, punctual self-starter, with a dynamic personality
- thrives being part of a team of professionals
- helps continue to foster respect in the community for our company
If you have stellar administrative and bookkeeping skills, enjoy working in a small office environment, and have knowledge of the landscape business or a related field, here is an opportunity to get in with a growing company!
Email your resume and cover letter today!
If you are chosen for an interview, we will go into more detail about the descriptions/duties of this position.
Job Type: Full-time position
Job Hours: Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Salary: Pay range $16 - $19 per hour
Benefits: 401K, paid sick leave, and 2 paid personal days after 90 days, as well as paid vacation.
- High School Diploma
- Administrative Experience: 3 years required, landscape or construction field preferred
- 3 years of AP/AR, payroll, and reconciliation experience
- Proficiency in CRM Software, Microsoft WORD, EXCEL, and OUTLOOK, Google Suite
- Proficiency in QuickBooks Desktop Program
- Excellent Data Entry skills
- In-depth working knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and other social media platforms
- Basic knowledge of picture/video editing tools
- Excellent multi-tasking and time management skills
- Clear and effective communicator, both verbal and written in English
- Meticulous about ensuring that data and tasks are completed on time and accurately
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions and reprioritize when necessary
- English--fluency in reading, writing, and speaking
- Driver’s License and insurable on the Company’s policy
- Associate’s Degree or certification in Administration
- 5 years of related experience, especially in a service industry
- Expert Level in Microsoft WORD and EXCEL
- Advanced Skills in QuickBooks Desktop Program