KCL Operations Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Operations Manager directs the operational processes at location assigned and directly supervises operations staff (drivers and bus washers). These operational processes include Vehicle Allocations, Driver Dispatching, Charter Reconciliation, Payroll, Driver Hours of Service Auditing, and Fleet Management. The manager develops and monitors employee behavior and performance to create, foster, and support a positive organizational culture embracing the company core values: Family, Safety, Service, and Respect. Manager reviews and recommends modification and improvement to operational processes; monitors metrics and indices reflecting operational performance; and provides training and development to operations staff to meet current and anticipated needs.
Reports to: General Manager
This is a full-time salaried position reporting directly to the General Manager. Position requires proficiency personnel management, performance counseling, FMCSA and DOT regulatory guidance, written and oral communication, judgment, influencing others, delegation, and computer skills This position requires an annual evaluation assessing individual performance and management skill to achieve organizational goals, enforce policy and process, develop subordinates.
Personnel Management: Direct supervisor for Motorcoach Operators and Bus Washers at assigned location.
- Supervises employees to maximize productivity, efficiency, and morale; coaches individuals and teams to improve performance and organizational outcomes.
- Establishes personal accountability for assigned tasks through daily management, coaching, and measurement of performance indicators set by the Company
- Ensures employees are trained and fully knowledgeable with their key performance indicators.
- Conducts performance counseling annually from employ hire date or change of position date.
- Maintains an annual evaluation record for all assigned employees in PAYCOM.
- Identifies and supports professional development needs and opportunities for subordinates.
- Maintains metrics and reporting for individual recognition and incentive rewards based on demonstrated performance and goal achievement.
- Prepares performance work improvement plans, counseling and associated documentation for review and approval.
- Prepares and assigns work schedules to ensure timely and equitable distribution of workload and insuring the timely completion of assigned work. Seeks General Manager approval for any over-time situations.
- Supervises the timely completion of training requirements, performance counseling, and evaluations of assigned employees.
Operational Process and Procedure:
- Responsible for assigned staff’s adherence to established company policies, process, and procedures to ensure continuation of successful business operations
- Supervises operations personnel through regular communication, meetings, reports, and counseling.
- Manages the operations staff to ensure charters are performed on time, in keep with published itinerary within the quoted scope of work.
- Inputs data, prepares reports, and synthesizes data to inform past performance and project future performance with markets.
- Audits Driver payroll against Work ticket and Driver HOS log. Ensures Charter pay is aligned with KCL Driver pay SOP and entered accurately into company payroll system by suspense.
- Review and process charter expense submissions.
- Manage accrual balances and black-out periods to insure employee availability to perform all assigned work.
- Identify and report payroll discrepancies in alignment with established company process.
Allocations and Dispatching: Reviews vehicle allocations, driver assignment to movements, and changes affecting assigned location resources and personnel.
- Maintains employee schedules in PAYCOM and Coach Manager to ensure individually forecasted availability to work 30 days out, manage distribution of available hours, and workloads in Coach Manager.
- Reviews payroll distribution reports, communicates trends, and corrective actions in hours distribution.
- Manages unit allocations to charter movements.
- Reviews and releases work tickets to assigned drivers through Portal.
Drivers Logs: Responsible for routine review and audit driver ELD Hours of Service to ensure compliance with FMCSA Guidelines.
- Monitor driver Hours of Service and address violations or errors immediately in ELD system.
- Identifies, recommends resolution of DOT compliance deviations that monitor and track driving behavior and performance; coordinates with Safety and Human Resources as necessary to build and present recommendations for employee discipline.
- Documents driver HOS ELD errors and supervises corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence. I.E. proper logging of non-driving events.
- Prepares, recommends approval, and implements training; performance improvement plans, quality assurance and quality control measures to insure safe and efficient conduct of transportation operations.
- Reviews all charter expenses for accuracy and inputs into Coach Manager to capture actual cost of work performed.
- Reports charter performance weekly.
- Document and report expense discrepancies to General Manager.
- Responsible for physical condition appearance, maintenance, safety compliance, sanitation, cleanliness, and security of vehicles assigned or present at assigned location.
- Ensures assigned fleet vehicles are current or in compliance with all federal and state permits, registrations, and regulations.
- Develops and executes preventive maintenance schedule assuring 100% compliance with established preventive maintenance standards, frequency, and documenting repair verifications.
Maintenance Program: Administers and schedules the locational maintenance program.
- Ensures all assigned personnel adhere to published requirements for pre- and post- trip maintenance inspections, verification of faults and repairs, minimizes loss down time for awaiting shop and parts.
- Reviews DVIR, Maintenance requests, and conducts fleet inspections to effectively manage fleet availability for allocations or scheduled maintenance
- Inputs faults, generates repair orders, schedules individual vehicle service for all Preventative Maintenance, unscheduled maintenance, and body repair requirements in Coach Manager and with maintenance activity.
- Compiles and verifies documentation and ELD inputs with DOT regulations and company policy.
- Review charter schedule with operations staff or contract cleaners, to ensure vehicles meet company standards for safety and sanitation.
- Prepares parts and supplies requests for approval by General Managers
- Procures parts and supplies as directed to maintain the full functionality, safety and sanitation of each coach, facility, employee common areas.
- Tracks vehicle maintenance trends and recommends solutions.
- Routinely inspects property for potential hazards to vehicles and/or personnel
- Conducts routine fleet inspections to assure quality of personnel and equipment performance and establish quality controls minimizing service failures.
Customer Service: Assists General Manager and Quote Specialist in verification of itineraries and customer service needs.
- Spot auditing of itineraries and driver assignments
- Implements the locational quality assurance / quality control program.
- Monitors and informs customer feedback to the General Manager supporting the resolution of service issues and requests. Communicates effectively with GM and dispatch department to ensure availability to support customer requests and if necessary, GM approvals to modification in service.
Monitor and records trends in client feedback and request to nominate emerging demand for service or shortfalls requiring mitigation or correction.
- Modern office procedures, practices and computer equipment and programs.
Kincaid Coach Lines Tulsa
BusinessView all jobs at Kincaid Coach Lines Tulsa