QC Specialist - GPSI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
GPSI Guam is a Professional Technical Services Company, headquartered in Hagatna, Guam. We are a SBC Native 8(a) and HUBZone certified, Small Disadvantaged Business providing Program/Project management, administration, management, technical support, general contracting, logistics, commodities, and training resources.
GPSI is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Kina'ole Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit established to benefit Native Hawaiian communities. GPSI offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Professional training reimbursement
- Disability insurance
Job Description: The Quality Control Specialist is responsible for all quality compliance issues as they apply to the functional operation of this contract.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements and maintains the Quality Control Plan and documentation that is tailored to the contract and encompasses all facets of the operation
- Conducts Pre-move and final move inspections with Government Area Manager of Military housing units and documents the findings
- Works with the Government Area Managers identify Change of Occupancy Maintenance (COM) requirements and assists in the creation of the COM work orders for approval by the COMs Manager and the Government Area Managers
- Oversees the daily activities of the COM process to ensure work required by the COM work order is accomplished and that the housing unit COM checklist items are completed and meet all quality standards. A readiness completion date (RCD) inspection will be conducted jointly with the Quality Control Specialist and Government Area Manager. All negative finds are to be documented and provided to the QC Manager and COMs Manager
- Inspects work in progress and finished work for discrepancies in accordance with the Quality Control Plan and contract requirements. Completes necessary inspection reports and documentation required to support findings.
- Keeps Supervisor apprised of unique situations and discrepancies encountered
- Provides daily reports of task performed at the end of the work day
- Inspects work accomplished by contractor and subcontractor personnel, to identify any flaws or defects.
- Coordinates with customer personnel on all matters relating to the quality or quantity of contract work.
- Oversees of all vendor subcontractors performing work for or on behalf of company at project location.
- Coordinates with company and subcontractor functional managers and supervisors to ensure quality workmanship and timely completion of all tasks
- Inspects all IDIQ work performed by Subcontractors and coordinates the completed work validation with the appropriate Government representative.
- Reports to the Quality Control Manager on all issues, problems, accomplishments, and results of surveys, inspections, meetings, and observations relating to performance of company and subcontractor personnel
- Maintains inspection records and submits reports to the QC Manager on all quality control conducted
- Enters inspections into the company Quality Management System (QMS)
- Ensures safety is adhered to at site
- Monitors the site frequently throughout the day to ensure compliance with applicable quality policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Knowledge of generally accepted standards of workmanship in construction/maintenance of facilities, grounds, and power distribution systems
- Knowledge of Government contracting terminology and applications.
- Knowledge of environmental issues relating to contractual requirements
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance. General knowledge in the used of hand and power tools
- Knowledge of the general maintenance and repair of interior and exterior of buildings, sanitation systems, low voltage electrical systems, and components associated with military Family Housing and BQ facilities, at various locations
- Good administrative skills
- Ability to work harmoniously with others
- Ability to think clearly and decisively in emergency situations, and lead others to perform under extreme conditions
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively with personnel at all levels. Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform and submit month end reports to accounting
- Ability to perform accurate and timeliness of purchasing document processing, within own department and other support areas
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Five (5) years experience in QC program management and administrative support services contracts, preferably in field operations
- Knowledge of SeeSOR or other related quality management software systems
- Working knowledge of plumbing, carpentry, pipefitting, painting, and general construction activities
- Basic skill in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, and Power Point software programs
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record
- Ability to obtain access to U.S. Government Installations through the Defense Biometric Identification System (DBIDS)
Work is typically performed indoors and outdoors. Should be able to sit for extended periods of time, stand, walk, talk, hear and write. Should also be able to use limbs and body members with a good range of motion.
- Occasional lifting, handling, or moving of objects without assistance
- Must be able to lift of up to 50 pounds
GPSI will provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
GPSI is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Get fresh Technical Support Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.