Medical Office Clerk
- Expired: 19 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
GY6 is a Small Business Administration-certified, Native Hawaiian Organization-Owned, 8(a) Small Business that provides services and solutions in the areas of Environmental Services, Information Technology Services, Healthcare Services and Professional and Technical Services to the Department of Defense and other Federal agencies.
GY6 is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Kina'ole Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit established to benefit Native Hawaiian communities.
You will receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Professional training reimbursement
- Disability insurance
- ...and much, much more!
Job Description: Provides clerical/administrative support in wards, clinics, or other departments of a medical treatment facility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets patients/visitors at a front desk, information center or office setting.
- Answers main office phone line. Directs telephone calls to appropriate section for assistance. Takes messages as required
- Arranges and schedules medical appointments and determines patient eligibility for services . Determine patient eligibility, schedule appointments, relay general instructions to patients, or make referrals to other sections
- Obtains updates and files medical records as needed
- Organizes and researches patient records, extract needed information, and review records for completeness, accuracy, and consistency within established guidelines
- Ensures arrival of medical records prior to appointment(s).
- Initiates and locates patient medical records as needed.
- Obtains documentation as requested by healthcare providers (test results, or documentation not yet filed in records).
- Performs other administrative and clerical duties in support of the medical care and operational support
- Creates appointment schedules and templates in patient appointment computer system
- Conducts end-of-day process at close of business and resolves any delinquent or pending appointments in computer system
- Typing test required, minimum of 50 WPM is required
- General medical ethics, telephone etiquette, and excellent communication and customer service skills
- General office administrative and clerical skills to perform receptionist duties and answer telephones
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalency. Medical terminology desired
- At least 6 months of experience in office setting
GY6 is requiring all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Job applicants will be required to confirm vaccination status including intention to request a religious or medical accommodation.
GY6 is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
AddressFort Belvoir, VA
HealthcareView all jobs at Kina'ole Foundation