- $16 to $18 Hourly
The cook is responsible for the overall production of all food items for the needs of the detention center. The cook’s goal is to plan and provide meals, ensuring food purchased is fresh and prepared according to Kimble’s standards and recipes. The cook must ensure all health and safety and environmental health standards are achieved and maintained. They are responsible for preparing all menu items in a safe, timely, and accurate manner. The cook must be able to follow proper procedure for preparing all products (following standardized recipes and accurate quantities) for menu cycle items. This position is also responsible for maintaining cleanliness of prep area including kitchen equipment that he or she uses. In addition, the individual may perform other serviceable duties as assigned.Requirements:
Summary of essential job functions
• Always maintains professional conduct
• Adheres to Kimble’s safety policies and procedures including proper food safety and sanitation
• Responsive to resident’s individual dietary and cultural needs
• Willing to attend such training sessions that are deemed necessary by line management.
• Maintains excellent customer service and positive attitude towards guest, customers, clients, co-workers, etc.
• Cook and prepare a variety of food according to healthcare guidelines and standardized recipes
• Sets up workstation with all needed ingredients and equipment
• Prepares ingredients by measuring, weighing, mixing, chopping, trimming, and peeling food items
• Work closely with operations manager to plan menus
• Safely utilizes a variety of utensils including knifes
• Operates equipment such as ovens, stoves, slicers, mixers, etc.
• Bakes, roasts, broils, steams, and uses a variety of cooking methods on meat, vegetables, and other foods
• Arranges, garnishes, and portions food according to established guidelines
• Properly stores food by adhering to food safety policies and procedures
• Cleans and sanitizes work areas, equipment, and utensils
• Follows all work and food safety rules and procedures
• Notifies manager of any quality or quantity issues/comments related to supplies
• Checks quality and quantity of food being prepared
• Cleans product space and prep area according health department standards
• Other tasks as assigned
• Possess a high school diploma or equivalent (preferred).
• Have the ability to work in a secure corrections environment.
• At least 1 year experience as a cook cafeteria or food service setting is preferred
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision required
• Proven knowledge of the basic principles of food preparation, various cooking methods, and food safety regulations such as proper food handling, sanitation, and storage
• Must be able to obtain food safety certification
• Demonstrates basic math and counting skills
• Able to read, write, and effectively communicate
• Must be willing to work different hours (AM/PM shifts), weekends, and holidays
• Physical ability to stand and walk for extended periods
• Lift items weighing up to forty (40) pounds to a height of 54 inches
• Requires occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling up to 50 pounds
• Able to squat, bend, stoop, push, kneel, and reach
• Ability to sit, stand, & walk for prolonged periods
• Ability to communicate verbally
• Ability to work well individually and as part of a team
• Must have a valid driver’s license or state issued identification
• Must be able to pass a drug screening and background checks
• Paid weekly
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Full time benefits (medical/dental/vision) offered after 60 days
• Holiday Pay
• Paid Bereavement Leave
• Pregnancy and Bonding Leave
• 401k match (after 6 months of full-time employment)
• Uniform Tops provided at no additional cost
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Employee Referral Program
• Free $50,000 Term Life insurance policy
• Internal promotions and advancements
Kimble's Food by Design, LLCThief River Falls, MN
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.