Planning SpecialistJob Description
Schedules production on mill assets and manages the investment in and availability of materials to support the plans of the KCP businesses. This position is located at the Corinth, MS mill.
Customers and Customer Requirements:
Customers - Mill & Staff Logistics, Marketing, Research, Mill & Staff Financial Analysts, Mill Operating Teams, Supply Vendors, Customer Service Representatives
- Ensure material and supply availability.
- Ensure effective implementation of Logistics plans.
- Develop material and supply sourcing strategies.
- Ensure optimal customer service performance.
Reports to the Planning Manager, K-C Professional and is responsible for the initiation, management, and coordination of production, materials, and inventory plans for both converting and manufacturing assets. The incumbent is also responsible for executing other projects, analysis and duties relevant to the planning, coordinating, and scheduling of manufacturing and converting resources required to support the business plan.
This position is a de-centralized planning position located in Corinth, MS. It requires the incumbent to communicate clearly and openly with mill operations regarding production schedules and supplies management. The incumbent must lead problem solving and process improvements with mill, staff and vendor teams.
This position requires knowledge and ability associated with a bachelor's degree and normally two to four years of Logistics or Operations experience. Ability requirements are to organize resources and analyze alternatives in order to make effective decisions. This position requires the effective use of an integrated suite of SAP Planning tools, including R/3, APO and BW. Previous experience with this tool set, or similar Supply Chain Planning tools is preferred.
- Execute material requirement planning to ensure raw material, finishing supply, and in-process material availability which supports machine schedules and customer service requirements. Work with vendors and internal supply chain teams to improve the efficiency and cost of raw material acquisition.
- Maintain full stock availability of finished goods produced by the operating department in order to accommodate timely delivery of customer volume requirements. Analyze and create machine operating schedules that support maximizing machine and labor efficiency, and efficiently utilize material and storage space resources while meeting customer service requirements.
- Serve as a Logistics resource in working with the operations team to identify waste, delay, and grade change opportunities to increase productivity. Provide timely and accurate analysis when required.
- Lead the process of inventory management by setting finished product and materials safety stock levels which both support customer service levels and production deviations while minimizing corporate inventory investment and write-offs of obsolete items. Ensure the accuracy of inventory and financial records to provide proper control.
- Lead and participate in the development and implementation of cost reduction activities and projects. Provide timely and accurate analysis when required.
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality performance through personal example by adopting a customer-based philosophy in the level of service provided.
- Contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to improve both their individual and team contributions to achieve desired business results.
- Ensure individual actions are consistent with safety standards and corporate policies.
- Communicate fully with superiors, subordinates, and other team members in a manner that is timely, complete, concise and responsive.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
This position may require a post-offer/pre-hire Physical Abilities Test (PAT) to confirm that individuals are able to perform the essential functions of the job.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship. This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing, including pre-employment testing.Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:K-C will support in-country relocation for the chosen candidate for the role, including assistance to obtain proper work authorization. The benefits provided will be per the terms of K-C's applicable mobility policies. The benefits/policy provided will decided in K-C's sole discretion.
This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing, including pre-employment testing.Primary LocationUSA-MS-CorinthAdditional LocationsWorker TypeEmployeeWorker Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull time