Director, Corporate StrategyJob Description
Director, Corporate Strategy
(Dallas, TX or Roswell, GA)
Kimberly-Clark's global corporate strategy team has played a key role in solving the company's largest and most pressing strategic issues for the past 10+ years. The group's purpose is to lead development and implementation of enterprise-wide strategy while serving as a critical talent pipeline for the company. This team is comprised of high potential internal and external talent capable of moving into key operating roles. For outside talent, this opportunity provides an expedited way to gain an understanding of the company, its people, and sectors, make meaningful contributions, and then transition into an operating role.
- The selected strategist will work closely with the CSO, CEO, and senior business leaders in leading the development of the corporate strategy. Additionally, s/he will work with business unit teams (regions) to create strategies that drive shareholder value with clear plans for implementation.
- Guide end-to-end strategy development and make adjustments to existing strategies based upon new learning and changes in the competitive environment.
- Evaluate the portfolio and make recommendations on changes to the focus and levels of investment/ resource allocation.
- Contribute to business growth by identifying and prioritizing potential business opportunities and evaluating potential investments, strategic partnerships, and/or M&A activities.
- Assist in the deployment of Kimberly-Clark Strategy 2022. Identify and personally lead high-impact enterprise-oriented change.
Business Unit Strategies and Cross-Company Interactions:
- Collaborate with business unit leadership to ensure their strategies are correlated with the overall corporate strategy.
- Test insights against Kimberly-Clark's business units' strategies and adjust strategies as appropriate.
- Embed long-term strategic thinking into ongoing business processes within Kimberly-Clark.
- Monitor, track, interpret, and share external and competitive trends.
- Stay abreast of industry, competitive, and innovation trends that can impact Kimberly-Clark.
- Analyze competitive intelligence from cross-functional, multi-national sources across the company and translate it to meaningful implications and actions.
- Coordinate Kimberly-Clark's Business and Competitive Risk Management efforts.
Personal Impact and Communications:
- Add personal insight, galvanize discussion and debate across the organization on key strategic issues, generating ideas and creative frameworks, and use a combination of facts, judgment, and personal impact to build credibility and influence outcomes.
- Work jointly with the CSO and others in making presentations to senior management, the Board of Directors, and key external constituencies on strategic matters pertaining to corporate strategy.
The ideal candidate possesses the following key experiences:
- MBA from a first tier business school
- Five to ten years post-MBA, including experience in a blue-chip strategy consulting firms (Bain, BCG, McKinsey, etc.)
- Additional industry experience in a consumer goods company in strategy development, finance, marketing, or other role with strategic content.
- Extensive consumer goods industry knowledge. Has deep understanding of market, customer, competitor and innovation trends. This may include packaged goods, other durable or non-durable consumer goods, or personal care.
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced setting; enthusiastic about the potential strategic options facing Kimberly-Clark; well-grounded in pragmatic approaches to structuring options available.
- Experience working in the context of a large, complex, global organization where working across boundaries and leading through influence are keys to success. Negotiates "wins" across functional and sector boundaries.
- Executive presence - is viewed as promotable to a line operating role or another key position in corporate functions (e.g., Finance, Global Marketing).
- Global perspective. Ideally with some experience working outside of the U.S.
Ideal Personal Profile:
- Strategic Vision/Thought Leadership
- Communication/Personal Impact
- Analytical/Logical/Structured Problem solver
- Business Achievement Drive/Performance Driven
- Team/Process Leadership
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing, including pre-employment testing.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
This position may require a post-offer/pre-hire Physical Abilities Test (PAT) to confirm that individuals are able to perform the essential functions of the job.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole