- $18 to $25 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Purpose: As an apprentice plumber, you will play a crucial role in the success of our projects. While working under the guidance of journeyman plumbers, you will learn to install, modify, inspect, repair, and maintain plumbing fixtures in gas, water, and drainage systems according to applicable building codes for either single family residential or multifamily housing. The purpose of your apprenticeship is to earn your journeyman license so you can then teach apprentice plumbers the trade.
- Learn to inspect, install, modify, repair, and maintain plumbing fixtures in gas, water, and drainage systems according to applicable building codes
- Learn to identify electrical and safety problems
- Take necessary corrective action to fix electrical and safety problems
- Learn to read blueprints
- Complete quality control sheets
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Attend apprentice school one night per week until journeyman license is earned
- Manage subcontractors being utilized for the job
- Build and maintain project schedules to meet deadlines
- Learn from and take instruction from supervisors
- Learn and perform necessary tasks from all phases of electrical
- Leadership skills and the ability to empower individuals on your team
- Ability to produce quality work
- Excellent communication skills to be used when working with builders, general contractors, and project managers
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures
- Ability to follow directions
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license
- Strong work ethic that you display daily
- Ability to work 6 AM to 5 PM Monday through Friday and an occasional Saturday
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This position is a safety sensitive position.
Why work for Kimbel Mechanical?
Kimbel Mechanical Systems, Inc is Arkansas' largest mechanical contractor performing work nationwide. We perform all phases of plumbing, HVAC, and electrical work on projects such as single-family homes, apartments, condominiums, hotels, and student housing. Kimbel offers employees year-round employment, top pay, and great benefits with opportunities for professional growth, and much more. At Kimbel, your career is our priority. With a structured Career Path laid out in front of you the day you walk in the door, Kimbel dedicates its commitment and resources to ensure you reach your career goals.
- Upon hire, PTO is added to your PTO account, and begins accruing for the next year
Health coverage: PPO and HDHP plans
Dental and vision coverage
Basic Life Insurance provided by Kimbel, additional voluntary life insurance policies available
Optional short-term and log-term disability policies are available for purchase. At your one year anniversary Kimbel automatically enrolls employees in the company-paid short term and long-term disability policies at no cost.
401(k) retirement plan with a match
Six paid holidays, two paid volunteer days per calendar year
On the job training goes toward your residential/journeyman license
"Pay for Competency" program provides plan for career advancement with pay increases
- 2 weeks paid parental leave, 4 weeks paid birth recovery leave
- First 6 months of diapers and wipes provided by Kimbel for newborns
- $150 Red Wing Boot Voucher to purchase new boots every 2 years
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Kimbel Mechanical SystemsColorado Springs, CO
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.