- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Kimball Midwest, a national distributor of maintenance, repair and operation products, is searching for a Business Analyst in our Data Analytics Department for our Columbus, OH location.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading definition of as-is and to-be process definition partnering with department leaders and subject matter experts
- Partnering with technology, business department leaders and business intelligence team to define data integration requirements and data dictionary
- Partnering with department leaders to assess strategic initiatives, help establish objectives, outcomes and associated business cases
- Hands-on scope definition inclusive of requirements documents, agile epics, stories and ensuring clear alignment across business, technology and data / analytics resources
- Helping lead necessary agile activities and ceremonies and general software delivery for the Business Intelligence team resources – inclusive but not limited to daily standups, retrospectives, sprint planning, backlog refinement, execution of testing, documentation maintenance and representing the business intelligence team in IT agile ceremonies
As a Kimball Midwest employee, you will experience why we have been listed as one of the Top Workplaces in Columbus eight years in a row! Our sales revenue growth is dynamic, increasing from $1 million in 1983 to more than $240 million today. Throughout all our growth we have kept the family owned and operated culture alive. At Kimball Midwest, you are a name and not a number and we pride ourselves on our unique culture.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or comparable experience in business analysis / project management.
- This position requires a minimum 5 years’ experience in Business or Systems Analysis with preferred experience of at least 2 years in Wholesale Distribution or MRO industries.
- Expert at requirements definition, process design and leading associated workshops
- Expert at driving delivery across technology and business departments
- Expert soft-skills to help facilitate organizational alignment on scope, associated tradeoff and options analysis, facilitation of strategic workshops with senior leaders.
- Deep-skilled at working in both agile and waterfall delivery methodologies; capable and willing to develop necessary delivery framework, methodology and rollout at scale across organization
- Skilled at facilitating team delivery and able to step in and drive daily/sprint delivery where required with employees who focus on reporting, data analytics and machine learning delivery
- Experienced with project management with particular focus on helping proactively identify risks and issues tied to scope and process design and facilitating associated resolution
- Must have a “can-do” attitude and is flexible to work outside of normal business hours. Must be a self-starter who can drive work with minimal executive oversight and effectively problem-solve in autonomous fashion.
- This position requires someone with excellent presentation/communication skills with demonstrated track record of personally delivering effective verbal and written communication across organizational levels (up to and including c-suite communication)
- Well-versed in MS office and capable of completing advanced calculations in excel, generate presentation content that is level / audience appropriate
- Willing to support delivery on-site at Corporate locations, travel as necessary (<10% anticipated per year), and/or deliver from home should remote support be required by the company
- This position requires the execution of an Employment Agreement contract between Kimball Midwest and the employee.
We offer a benefits package that includes health, dental and vision insurance, company sponsored life, optional life and disability insurance, Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts, a 401(k) and Profit-Sharing Plan, Tuition Assistance, Paid Time Off (PTO), a Dress for your Day dress code and paid holidays.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
BusinessView all jobs at Kimball Midwest