- Posted: over a month ago
The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for executing the yearly spares and wears sales growth target for Construction, Aggregates, and Industrial customers within assigned territory. The Outside Sales Representative role is one that requires high collaboration with many other Kimball Equipment resources during day-to-day business development as well as during implementation of customer-specific sales strategies. They are required to have good understanding of the aggregates processing industry, along with the operations & maintenance of crushing, screening, and washing equipment. They are responsible for developing and maintaining long-term relationships with customers at every organizational level. This position will cover territory from Santaquin south to I-70, east and west of I-15 to the state line, and Moab south to four corners.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute sales growth plan for all spares & wears for Construction, Aggregates, and Industrial customers within assigned territory by creating opportunities and generating sales from existing and new accounts. Continuous face-to-face contact with customers is required.
- Through close collaboration with inside sales and other local resources, analyze Kimball Equipment's market potential within the assigned territory and assist in the development of business strategies that will lead to market share growth.
- Develop a clear understanding of customer spend on parts and services related to equipment installed base within territory; document and communicate this information to location and headquarter management.
- Responsible for providing timely and accurate information for the development of pricing strategies which are aimed at increasing Kimball Equipment's competitiveness and drive business growth within assigned territory.
- Establish and maintain a good company image by providing exceptional customer service, a professional business attitude, up-to-date product knowledge and thorough understanding of customer operations, needs and challenges.
- Be alert for New Equipment opportunities and forward details to Equipment Sales team in timely manner. Assist equipment sales team with introductions to appropriate customer contacts and participate in projects and opportunities as needed.
- Develop and maintain personal portfolio of technical sales material such as equipment manuals, drawings, and product presentations to be frequently used to support customers, develop solutions, and promote products.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 5 years sales experience, with proven track record, within the aggregates processing equipment industry and/or in its related spares, wears and repair business is strongly preferred.
- In lieu of some sales experience, a minimum of five years maintenance and/or operations experience in the aggregates processing equipment industry, which must include crushers, screens & conveyors.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to travel frequently. Occasional overnight travel to locations locally and in remote areas is required.
- Strong leadership and relationship building skills, a bias for action and detail-oriented behaviors are required. As well as strong communication, co-operation, interpersonal and presentation skills to manage internal and external interfaces.
- A high level of computer skills is essential – MS Excel, Word & Outlook
- A highly motivated, self-starting individual with the ability to plan, organize, work under stress, meet deadlines and work independently is required.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere.
- Must be capable of effectively and accurately working on several sales opportunities at one time, and organizing, prioritizing tasks and working in a fast-paced environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and climb or balance.
- Must be physically able to climb onto structures, stairs, ladders, scaffolds at jobsites, customer facilities, industrial plants and mines, inspect equipment for failure and process analysis and safely work in and around comminution equipment, i.e. crushers, screens & conveyors.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Use of keyboards, telephones, copiers, telefax, visits and movement through shops, and travel experiences.
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Full benefits package offered (PTO, 401K, vision, dental, life, and health insurance)
- Pay ranges based on experience (50K-65K)
- Additional commission rate
Kimball Equipment Company
AddressCedar City, UT
BusinessView all jobs at Kimball Equipment Company