As a member of the Kimball Construction team, the Sr. Project Manager is responsible for managing the planning, implementation and construction of construction projects from inception to completion for the purpose of controlling time, scope, cost, safety, and quality.
The Sr. Project Manager, manages all phases of construction, with responsibility for scheduling, submittals, RFI's, pay applications, preparation and management of change orders, progress meetings, financial reporting, through to the completion of punch lists and project close out duties. The Sr. Project Manager is the primary company representative responsible and accountable for the successful completion of assigned projects, including safety, project costs, scheduling, relationships, market reputation and profitability. This position is responsible for starting, managing, and completing the largest and most complex projects that Kimball has. This position is a salary, executive exempt position and will report directly to the Vice President of Preconstruction and Administration.
· Conducts pre-planning and pre-construction meetings and activities and plans and develops initial project schedule, after project starts, oversees the coordination of scheduling efforts with the superintendent, subcontractors, and suppliers to create and maintain a construction schedule and ensures the successful completion of all project elements for assigned projects.
· Reviews and understands the project estimate; develops and manages cost control and document control procedures for each project. Establishes Schedule of Values for billings. Review and approve subcontractor, vendor payment applications and miscellaneous invoices.
· Manage and facilitate project buyout when appropriate, negotiate final subcontractor terms and prepare subcontractor subcontracts. Proactively manages project risks.
· Collaborates with Superintendent to manage the construction process. Regularly walk the project to review performance. Take appropriate and timely action to remedy any deficiencies. Bring all field issues to the attention of the Superintendent or General Superintendent (as applicable).
· Monitors productivity and cost and makes appropriate adjustments in order to minimize problems and maintain maximum labor, productivity and cost effectiveness. Develops and completes monthly Work in Process (WIP) projections with accuracy and timeliness and to ensure profitability goals and management of cash/cost/billing. Ensure timely and accurate billings and accounts receivables.
· Oversees project construction for compliance with drawings, specifications, local codes and construction techniques.
· Reviews and manages project scope and approach regarding constructability, and submits recommendations for change where appropriate. Negotiates, prepares, and issues change orders (proposals) to clients/owners, design team, subcontractors, and others, and prepare revisions to the original budget because of changes and revisions to work.
· Responsible for customer interface, relates and anticipates customer needs, and provides clear communications to customer and team. Attends job progress meetings as required. Ensures subcontractors understand expectations of the project.
· Ensures project document controls are in compliance with contract requirements and standards.
· Manage closeout process for timely project close-out.
· Develops positive working relationships with subcontractors and vendors.
· Manages multiple projects at differing stages of work.
· Other duties as project tasks/assignments require.
· 10-15 years of documented Construction Project Management experience
· A Bachelor's Degree in Engineer or a related field or PMP Certificate
· High proficiency with computer software programs MS Word, MS Excel and MS Project
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Well versed in creating and maintaining schedules
· Must be able to negotiate skillfully in touchy situations with both internal and external groups.
· Ability to handle confidential/sensitive information with discretion
· Must have valid driver's license and have acceptable driving record, background check and clean drug test results
· Must be able to meet physical requirements of the job including the ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, the ability to climb ladders, negotiate construction work areas. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
· Must be a US Citizen
• Job site locations can vary across multiple states.
• Meetings at off-site locations will occur.
• Some jobs may require temporary relocation.
• Jobs will require walk throughs both inside and outside.
Key Personal Attributes
· Steps up to conflict, recognizing it as an opportunity. Ability to hammer out tough agreements, while settling disputes equitably.
· Can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
· Clearly comfortable delegating both routine and important tasks and decisions.
· Takes responsibility and accountability
· Must be performance oriented and motivated to achieving profit driven tasks within a teamwork environment.
· Must be a highly curious and a critical thinker and have the ability to solve complex problems.
· Must enjoy working on numerous tasks of differing types in an atmosphere of many changing agendas from project owners, subcontractors, suppliers and KCC personnel.
· Ability to work with limited instructions and maintenance. Must be a well-organized problem solver and person of action.
· Ability to effectively make sound and prudent decisions while managing multiple issues and under tight deadlines
· Timeliness and a teamwork attitude.
· Proficient at prioritizing, while also understanding how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow.
A high focus on client satisfaction, always focusing on the quality of work