Project Accounting Assistant
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: Project Accounting Assistant
Reports To: Project Accounting Manager
Classification: Hourly/ Non-Exempt
The Project Accounting Assistant reports to the Project Accounting Manager and assists Project Accounting in the monetary progress of projects, maintaining subcontractor compliance, and organizing job files.
• Scans invoices into job folders.
• Enters accounts payable invoices into accounting system in preparation for review and release to job costs.
• Gathers back up documentation for cost billed in monthly owner draws.
• Ensures subcontractor lien waivers are received, matched, and filed correctly.
• Collects W9’s for new vendors.
• Enters change orders into accounting system.
• Collaborates with Project Accountants, Accountants, Project Managers, and other associates to execute other tasks as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• 1-2 years’ experience in accounting, administrative, accounts payable or related field or education required.
• Previous construction experience preferred.
• Previous experience with Enterprise Resource Planning automated accounting systems preferred. Acumatica is strongly preferred.
Required Skills/ Abilities
• Proficient in Microsoft Windows Office Software (Excel, Word, Teams, SharePoint, Outlook.
• Knowledge of Bluebeam or Adobe Acrobat preferred.
• Ability to operate office equipment, i.e., copiers, fax machines, scanners, phones, computers, etc.
• Ability to use and apply basic math skills to analyze, interpret, and review data.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Ability to accomplish/ complete a task while demonstrating a thorough concern for all areas involved, no matter how small.
• Ability to work independently and as a collaborative team member
• Ability to create and maintain positive relationships through written and oral communication with clients, associates, subcontractors, and architects.
• Demonstrate Killian’s core values of people, excellence, partnerships, prosperity, innovation, safety, trust, integrity, and dedication in every job duty, dealing, and interaction.
The Project Accounting Assistant usually works in an office environment either in Springfield, MO or at the project jobsite.
Killian Construction Co.
TechnologyView all jobs at Killian Construction Co.