Senior Automation Tester (VS# 8-0372)
Headcount: One (1)
Target Conversion Salary: TBD
Assignment Duration: Temp-To-Hire
Location: Rensselaer, NY
Job Description Summary:
Our Client is looking for its next self-motivated, passionate, highly skilled, and experienced Senior Automation Tester to join our team as we continue to partner with New York State Health (NYSoH) to provide comprehensive health coverage to more than 4.5 million New Yorkers.
Our Client State & Local team provides NYS with innovative and agile health benefit exchange solutions that deliver the functionality required to comply with the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and provide the flexibility needed to easily scale up to support future requirements.
Here’s where you come in:
You’ll join our talented team of automation testers in maintaining and expanding our automated regression suite of test scripts. Our suite is a large scale Java/Selenium custom framework, utilizing DB2 for our own test data storage, and an associated library of over 2000 scripts. We utilize Jenkins, TestNG, Solenoid and other technologies and are moving toward a more integrated CI/CD method of delivery.
We’re looking for people who want to make an impact to project and who understand that positively impacting the project provides a better experience for the 4.5 million New Yorkers who rely on NYSoH for their health care needs. Your passion for testing as well as your skill in coding will combine to provide that positive impact.
Here’s what You’ll Do
Analyze – Requirements and tech design documents for use cases, creation of test cases, and impacts to the existing framework.
Build – Complex Core Java test scripts within the existing framework using Selenium while integrating with various relational databases.
Communicate - Status of potential issues and outstanding problems to project and quality assurance personnel.
Design – End-to-end test cases and the associated code required to implement them.
Improve – Support continuous improvement efforts designed to make the automation framework more sustainable, increase speed of execution, and decrease the amount of analysis required after test runs.
Lead – Perform quality control checks on software release candidates, determines final issue resolution status, and authorizes progression to next testing phase.
Mentor - Guide the work of less experienced team members.
Strategize - Determines automation testing strategies
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field.
- At least three (3) years of current experience developing automation frameworks and scripts in Core Java. Coding experience is required, simply executing scripts is not acceptable
- At least three (3) years of current experience developing test scripts and automation frameworks using Selenium WebDriver
- Seven (7) years of intensive and progressive experience in software application testing with three (3) years of the last six (6) calendar years of intensive and progressive experience performing software testing for complex to highly complex systems
- Proven experience of at least three (3) consecutive and current years in developing automation frameworks and automated functional test scripts - record and playback or simply executing framework scripts is not acceptable
- Demonstrated experience developing automation scripts in either Rational Functional Tester (RFT) or Selenium with Java
- Hands on working experience writing SQL using joins for data validation from various data sources
- Vast knowledge of automation testing techniques to cover all possible corner cases for automation testing, verification and validation techniques
- Proven experience in analyzing and writing automation scripts for complex business rules and rules engines
Here are the Attributes for Success:
- Track record of executing automation testing techniques to cover all possible corner cases for automation testing, verification and validation techniques
- Responsive, adaptive to complex changing environment
- Willingness to accept direction from seniors, colleagues and management
- Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Creative. A Doer. A Team Player. Lifelong learner