Duration: 12 Months
Visa: GC or US Citizen
The selected Network Engineer III’s primary job responsibility is to design, implement, maintain, and support the growing Vonage network infrastructure. This position will be part of a team that is responsible for maintaining a highly available 24x7 network, work with Project Managers and Architectural Engineering’s to designing and developing a scalable, maintainable, highly available network architecture that meets business objectives and SLAs.
Essential Job Functions
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Be versed in Amazon Web Services cloud solution, architecture, related technologies and their interdependencies
Specific Requirements (Technical Knowledge, Software, Etc.)
- 5+ years of experience with Juniper routers and firewalls.
- 3+ years architecting and implementing Amazon Web Services infrastructure and topologies
- Working knowledge of industry standard VoIP protocols.
- In-depth knowledge of various WAN technologies (T1, E1, T3, E3, STM, SONET and MetroE).
- Proven hands-on network engineering experience
- CCNP or higher (CCIE and/or CISSP highly valued)
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
- Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
- Working knowledge of MPLS protocol.
- Working knowledge of UNIX and Linux operating systems.
- In-depth knowledge of IP V4 and V6.
- Experience with standard network change management and configuration policies.
- Knowledge of AWS (EC2, Lambda, API Gateway, SE, etc.)
- Experience with L2/L3 switches.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to perform in a team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Additional Skills (would like to have but not required)
- Knowledge of F5 load balancers.
- Knowledge of Brocade routers and switches.
- Knowledge of Cisco routers and switches
- Knowledge of Juniper routers, switches and firewalls.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Networking, or related field.
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (Cisco, Juniper, Aruba, VMware, Amazon Web Services, etc.)