Scientist III - Molecular Biologist
Title: Scientist III - Molecular Biologist
Location: Silver Spring, MD
To address rapidly changing program needs across several ongoing research projects within the Division of Applied Regulatory Science (DARS), we require scientists with experience across several different scientific disciplines including bioanalysis, PK/PD, toxicology, immunology, microbiology, cell and molecular biology, mathematical modeling, and structure activity relationships to assist with these projects.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement initiatives for laboratory processes and will work collaboratively with other lab staffs to implement changes.
- Work with the laboratory lead to develop and validate the new DMS method with a specific focus on using cloning, sequencing, flow cytometry, and cell-based assays.
- In collaboration with the laboratory lead, interpret molecular tests and communicate results.
- Plan, develop, operate, record, collaborate and report all steps of method development, validations and/ or updated processes or platforms for both molecular biology and sequencing.
- Troubleshoot method and instrumentation problems; be proactive in solving technical problems
- PhD in Molecular Biology or related field with more than 4 years technical experience (after graduation) in research laboratories.
- Strong technical and scientific background in molecular/cloning, gene expression, flow cytometry, and DNA sequencing platforms.
- Training, and experience in handling human biospecimens in a biosafety Level 2 (BSL-2) environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot, optimize, and validate experiments without supervision.
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills; previous experience with any LIMS
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude.
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with division/center policies.
- Authorization to work in the United States without restriction or VISA sponsorship.
Preferred Expertise include some or all of the following:
- Cell culture (suspensions, monolayers, 2D and 3D).
- RNA/DNA/protein quantification.
- PCR- and array-based technology.
- RNA interference, genome editing, molecular cloning including bacterial transformation.
- In vitro drug testing.
- Reporter gene assays.
- ELISA, Western and antibody-mediated protein knock-down.
- DNA sequencing platforms (e.g., next-generation sequencing [NGS] and single molecule real-time sequencing [SMRT]), and bioinformatic skill.
- Genomic and proteomic analyses.
Apply online at our website: https://kikiktagruk.applicantpool.com/
Disclaimer: This is not to be an exclusive list of all responsibilities', duties, and skills required of the person in this job. KIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. KIC considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, family responsibility, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran's status or any other legal protected status. Pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, Kikiktagruk Inupiat Corporation, may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to KIC Shareholders and their Descendants. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here. Successful candidate must pass, comply and adhere to KIC's Drug and Alcohol policy/testing requirements and pass a thorough background check including fingerprinting.
Kikiktagruk Inupiat CorporationSilver Spring, MD
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.