Project Manager - Federal Construction
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title: Project Manager Federal Construction
Midnight Sun Global Services seeks to hire a Project Manager - Federal Construction.
The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for the effective and profitable management of assigned projects. As a key individual in the Project Team approach to project delivery, the Project Manager leads the project team(s). The PM manages all aspects of Federal general construction projects, including but not limited to conceptual estimates, scope and design development, subcontractor selection, solicitation and engagement, safety, schedule, quality and profitability within the federal marketplace.
- Coordinate with estimating team to validate pricing, take-off's, labor productivity, subcontractor pricing, and quantities in project estimates
- Lead team development to establish project budget
- Lead team development and implementation of the project performance / execution plan
- Lead development, implementation, and adherence to the Project CPM schedule and short-interval planning (SIP) schedules.
- Ensure timely CPM schedule maintenance and accurate SIP schedules
- Ensure project buyout and subcontractor risk-assessment & engagement is completed timely and in a cost effective manner
- Provide oversight and direction when appropriate to onsite management team to ensure efficient and budget compliant self-performed work
- Lead team coordination on matters related to change order management
- Coordinate with estimating team, architects, engineers, key subcontractors, and clients on matters related to design-build, design-development, value-engineering, and preconstruction
- Lead team development of timely and accurate Cost to Date, Estimate Cost to Completed, and Estimated Cost at Completion reports
- Oversee and supervise project progress and provide reports on schedule and budget
- Ensure all legal requirements, building and safety codes, safety inspections, city guidelines, and local and state regulations are met
- Manage the client and end user relationships at the project level
- Ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget
- Ensure that all Team members are operating under an Uncompromising Commitment to Safety!
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, construction science, engineering, or related field from an accredited university preferred.
- Minimum of 5-years of relevant Project Management experience in the Federal (USACE / NAVFAC / GSA) construction industry.
- Ability to read Federal contract documents and comply with requirements.
- Familiarity with small business and 8(a) compliance requirements.
- Must be able to obtain background clearance for access to military and other federal sites
- High levels of communication skills, both written and verbal
- High level of organizational and time management skills
- Leadership ability and keen discernment skills,
- Ability to manage a team(s) on multiple projects
- Capability to analyze, adapt, strategize and overcome negative situations
- Experienced at compiling and following strict budgets
- In depth understanding of the construction industry, and the federal market.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Must be able to read and interpret complex project blueprints/plans and specifications; to include site/civil, structural, architectural, mechanical, and electrical drawings
- Industry standard software experience (Excel, Word, MS Project, Procore, SmartBid, Timberline, Sage, etc.) preferred
- OSHA 30 certification and ARC First Responder Course completion preferred
- USACE/NAVFAC Construction Quality Control Management certification preferred
- A valid driver's license is required
- Must be physically fit to walk, climb ladders, and other demands needed for inspections of projects and assessing areas of construction
- Must have an Uncompromising Commitment to Safety!
Apply online at our website: https://kikiktagruk.applicantpool.com/
Disclaimer: This is not to be an exclusive list of all responsibilities', duties, and skills required of the person in this job. KIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. KIC considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, family responsibility, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran's status, gender identity or any other legal protected status. Pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, Kikiktagruk Inupiat Corporation, may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to KIC Shareholders and their Descendants. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here. Successful candidate must pass, comply and adhere to KIC's Drug and Alcohol policy/testing requirements and pass a thorough background check including fingerprinting.
Kikiktagruk Inupiat Corporation
AddressNewport News, VA
ConstructionView all jobs at Kikiktagruk Inupiat Corporation