- Expired: December 18, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title: Operations Manager
Location: Vienna, VA (temporarily remote)
Travel: Up to 25%
Midnight Sun Technologies is looking to hire an Operations Manager.
Looking for an experienced Operations Manager to oversee the company's operations. This is the perfect opportunity for someone who wants to be a part of a small company that is undergoing exciting growth and development. Individual will initiate, plan & control multiple concurrent projects. This includes the management of government contracts, serving as the primary customer point of contact for all operational issues on smaller contracts, providing support for Contract PMs, providing proposal support for new business, supporting new contract Phase-In periods, and other company projects.
- Provides exceptional customer service to our government customers, vendors and employees.
- Provides overall management of specific projects and tasks and ensures that technical solutions, schedules and project deliverables are provided in a timely manner.
- Coordinates, collaborates, and communicates with the customer to address potential problems, issues, and/or risks that may impact the mission and/or contract deliverables.
- Ensure compliance with the various contracts, and regulations.
- Participates in scheduled and ad hoc site visits. Hosts project kickoffs, project reviews and project close outs as appropriate
- Manages and monitors project cost, schedule, technical performance, staffing, materials, security, deliverables, quality and metric objectives and milestones of the contract.
- Ensures compliance with relevant corporate and government policies and standards.
- Responsible for profitability and revenue growth of assigned program(s).
- Performs program financial management, including financial analysis, budget and cost quote preparation, cost management, reconciliation, and profit enhancement.
- Coordinates and monitors sub-contractor activities and administers subcontractor deliverables and finances.
- Collaborates with multiple functions while always owning project results.
- Recruits and retains the required mix of personnel with the appropriate qualifications, expertise, and experience to perform the duties and responsivities needed.
- Support proposal efforts this includes but not limited to market research, creating response templates, interview SME's to obtain information for document creation, writing, preparation and review of technical and cost proposals.
- Prepares and provides various reports and technical reviews to senior management as requested.
- Proactively identify new business opportunities. Perform market research to qualify new business opportunities, including analysis of customer budgets, capabilities required, current customer preferences, competitive environment assessments, and incumbent strengths and weaknesses.
- Coordinate and conduct meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices.
- Stay abreast of industry issues and building relationships with Government POCs and industry partners
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors' degree or equivalent relevant experience may be substituted for a degree.
- A minimum of five (5) years of program management experience.
- Proven ability to manage projects with multiple facets, deliverables and various moving parts. This includes identifying risks in the project and creating projections.
- Ability to think strategically, identify opportunities, solve problems, and propose solutions.
- Demonstrated experience writing and editing technical documents (may be requested to provide a writing sample)
- Ability to communicate verbally and write effectively with all employees, vendors and customers
- Experience handling multiple projects simultaneously and working in an environment which requires flexibility. Experience developing and delivering effective presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Strong understanding of Government Contracting.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to self-prioritize work, work both independently and as part of a team.
- Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Must be able to pass a government background investigation and obtain the appropriate government access.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or similar certification preferred
- Previous experience writing proposals and responses to Federal Task Orders, RFPs, RFQs, RFIs and Sources Sought.
Apply online at our website: https://kikiktagruk.applicantpool.com/
Disclaimer: This is not to be an exclusive list of all responsibilities', duties, and skills required of the person in this job. KIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. KIC considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, family responsibility, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran's status, gender identity or any other legal protected status. Pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, Kikiktagruk Inupiat Corporation, may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to KIC Shareholders and their Descendants. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here. Successful candidate must pass, comply and adhere to KIC's Drug and Alcohol policy/testing requirements and pass a thorough background check including fingerprinting.
Kikiktagruk Inupiat Corporation
AddressSilver Spring, MD
BusinessView all jobs at Kikiktagruk Inupiat Corporation