General Manager, KIC Logistics, LLC
Kikiktagruk Inupiat Corporation Kotzebue, AK
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: General Manager, KIC Logistics, LLC
Report to: Vice President of Kotzebue Operations (or his/her designee)
To maximize the profitability of KIC's retail and customer services operations by making sound analytical-driven business decisions. Effectively analyze data and disseminate strategies to ensure that KIC's retail operations are managed in an efficient manner. Manage and maintain a KIC Logistics (KICL) team focused on delivering a high standard of customer service with integrity and reliability.
- Evaluate data to determine and implement strategies to maximize efficient operations.
- Supervise all operations and personnel of the retail sales organization, including but not limited to the proper retail inventories for sale, merchandise pricing, high volume turn rates of inventory to maximize profits.
- Supervise personnel responsible for carrying out the functions of the KIC Logistics, LLC ACE, NAPA, Lumber, Fuel and Shop Operations.
- Recruits and retains the required mix of personnel with the appropriate qualifications, expertise, and experience to perform the duties and responsivities needed.
- Maintain accurate job descriptions and duties for all positions.
- Responsible for the profitable operation of all KIC Logistics, LLC business lines.
- Ensure that accurate and timely accounting information is maintained in cooperation with the KIC Controller to provide KICL management staff with essential fiscal management tools.
- Prepare, administer and analyze budgets, sales, gross profit, and expenses for all retail lines of KIC Logistics, LLC.
- Assist in the collections of all account receivables in cooperation with the parent company.
- Controls all credit approvals for KIC Logistics, LLC.
- Maintain and improve vendor relations through communications and vendor programs which enable KICL to maximize its purchasing power.
- Establish and supervise daily close out of registers and summarizes sales input for accounting.
- Order parts, accessories and related merchandise and maintain proper inventory control to optimize customer service and minimize overhead.
- Ensure all merchandise is properly received, stocked and priced for resale.
- Conduct an annual inventory of all merchandise.
- Remain current with industry and marketing and merchandising trends.
- Conduct periodic personnel performance evaluations in accordance with KIC's SOPs.
- Incorporate and implement industry best-practices throughout the KIC Logistics organization.
- Maintain positive customer relations with clientele
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of business analytics and financial/accounting acumen.
- 2+ years in a supervisory position
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Computer literate including proficiency in: MS Office (Word, Excel).
- Ability to supervise multiple discipline personnel in hardware, auto, lumber, recreational motorsports and others.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills in working with personnel and customers.
- Knowledgeable in retail accounting practices.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is a fast paced multi-tasking environment requiring regular attendance. Work may require occasional overtime.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged amounts of time in front of a computer
- May lift up to 25lbs
- Entering text or data into a computer or other machine by means of keyboard
- Holding and grasping to review paper documents and to file documents in filling cabinets
- May bend or stoop to retrieve documents and file documents in filing cabinets
- May bend/stoop/lift retail inventory
- May lift/push retail inventory on carts
- Ability to communicate orally and/or via email
Apply online at our website: https://kikiktagruk.applicantpool.com/
Disclaimer: This is not to be an exclusive list of all responsibilities', duties, and skills required of the person in this job. KIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. KIC considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, family responsibility, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran's status, gender identity or any other legal protected status. Pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, Kikiktagruk Inupiat Corporation, may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to KIC Shareholders and their Descendants. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here. Successful candidate must pass, comply and adhere to KIC's Drug and Alcohol policy/testing requirements and pass a thorough background check including fingerprinting.
Kikiktagruk Inupiat Corporation
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Kikiktagruk Inupiat Corporation