Construction Superintendent (on-site)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title: Construction Superintendent (on-site)
Location: Newport News, VA
Midnight Sun Global Services is looking to hire an On-site Superintendent Construction to manage the overall construction of multiple Federal projects from kickoff to closeout in Newport News, VA and the surrounding area. This position may function in concurrent roles.
- During design development: participate in meetings with Architects and Engineers to assess scope of work and sequencing; value-engineering, and other input as needed.
- During pre-construction: collaborate with the project team to develop staffing requirements, labor productivity rates, cost estimates, constructability reviews, execution planning, submittal logs, schedules, and subcontractor engagement.
- During construction: maintain a physical presence at the job site at all times and oversee all construction and related activities; scheduling (CPM and short interval); and direct all self-perform trades, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Participate in site visits and meetings to assess scope of work, site conditions, logistics planning, and determine necessary resources to deliver project success.
- Prepare, provide, and track: job reports to include labor and equipment usage; Request for Information (RFI's); and Change Orders; Progress reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 10 years of construction experience; with five of those as an On-site Superintendent for Federal projects.
- Must be able to read and interpret complex drawings/plans/specifications; to include site/civil, structural, architectural, mechanical, and electrical drawings.
- Ability to prioritize, assign, and oversee work of multiple crews. Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication (written/verbal) skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word); Scheduling software (MS Project or Primavera). Familiarity with Procore a plus.
- OSHA 30 and First Aid/CPR; EM 385 safety, USACE CQCM certification a plus.
- Uncompromising commitment to safety
- Must be able to traverse job sites as needed for inspections of projects and assessing areas of construction, which includes but is not limited to, walking on uneven surfaces/multiple floors; climbing multiple flights of stairs; standing for extended periods of time; climbing ladders; and/or lifting up to 50 lbs.
- There may be additional project-specific physical requirements.
Apply online at our website: https://kikiktagruk.applicantpool.com/
Disclaimer: This is not to be an exclusive list of all responsibilities', duties, and skills required of the person in this job. KIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. KIC considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, family responsibility, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran's status, gender identity or any other legal protected status. Pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec.1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, Kikiktagruk Inupiat Corporation, may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to KIC Shareholders and their Descendants.
EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here. Successful candidate must pass, comply and adhere to KIC's Drug and Alcohol policy/testing requirements and pass a thorough background check including fingerprinting.
Kikiktagruk Inupiat Corporation
AddressNewport News, VA
ConstructionView all jobs at Kikiktagruk Inupiat Corporation